36 - Floating

No.

No.

No.

No!

No!

NO!

NO!

NO!

"Error calm down! You're glitching out!"

"DON'T TELL ME TO CALM DOWN YOU PAINT FREAK!"

"It's not that bad-"

"NOT THAT BAD?! I'M STUCK IN HERE WITH YOU!"

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

.......

So.... things happened. Unexpected things really. Let's take it back a bit.

I was on my way to visit Sci. It's been a while and I wanted to check up on him and Paps. He was explaining to me about to possibility of hopping through the aus without using magic but based on what I knew about the fandom I didn't encourage him. 

I even threw out the fact that I could travel through aus but he scoffed and said that didn't count since not everyone could do that. 

Which was a fair argument. 

He did show me the machine he's been working on but it was very work in progress. He figured he could at least try to make something to take the monsters to the surface but it wasn't even close to being done. 

Now for the problem, to my luck Paps wasn't present for this.

Ink came over.

No knocking or anything. 

A puddle formed and out he popped up.

"Hey Sci! I wanted to ask you something about-" He stopped when he noticed me and it got very tense very quickly. My fight or flight was going nuts. On one hand I wanted to fight him, get rid of him. On the other I don't want Sci to get hurt from us fighting. So I chose to flee.

Well I tried to.

I opened a portal to the Anti-Void and attempted to run through it but felt myself get restrained and pulled back. 

"Oh no you don't! Not this time! You're not running away!"

"Let go of me you freak!"

"Guys careful!" 

I don't remember exactly what happened but I remember hearing a weird noise then being blinded. I think I was in a daze but when I came through I wasn't with Sci anymore. I don't think I was in Sciencetale at all. I noticed I was on what looked like a floating island. Floating in what I'm not sure. The area was empty not like the Anti-Void or even the actual Void. It was emptiness that was red and slowly changed to gray the higher up it went. 

I heard a groan a bit behind me and saw Ink was just getting up. When he looked around his pupils changed but I could tell it was surprise and excitement.

"Woah! Look at this place. I've never seen a place like this before," he said before looking towards me since I was getting up to my feet. "Oh hey Error."

"Don't you 'oh hey Error' me. What did you do?!"

"Me?! I didn't do this?"

"Well I certainly didn't! I'm not staying around here with you." I went to open a portal when I noticed something wasn't right. I tried again and again but it wasn't working.

"What are you doing?"

"Mind your business! Damn it, why isn't this working?"

"Oh! You're trying to leave. That's not a problem!" Ink took his oversized paintbrush and splashed paint on a part of the floor. He jumped in it only for nothing to happen.

"Huh?" He tried a few times but it didn't work. "Uh... hehe. Hey Error, I can't leave."

"Really? I didn't notice," I said sarcastically before looking around. There was a decent amount of land, some spots had grass, there was nothing else though. I noticed Ink was also looking around but he was closer to the edge.

I felt two thing in that moment.

One, I had the urge to push off Ink into the nothingness. He was right there and I wouldn't have him be a problem to me anymore.

Two, I felt to need to pull him away from the edge. It was too familiar. It happened with Error, it happened with Dust. It wasn't a comforting sight. Edges were dangerous.

"I wonder how far down this goes?" I heard him ask and the first feelings surfaces suddenly. I approached him and kicked his back causing him to wave his arms to try and balance himself but he ultimately fell over the edge.

There was a weird feeling about this place and I was going to check one way or another. As soon as his screams faded they came back and I heard a harsh thud behind me followed by a groan in pain. He came back.

"Well that confirms that idea....."

"Error! You could've killed me!"

"But I didn't. Don't tell me you can't tell?"

"Tell what?"

"The atmosphere of this place, it's weird. We can't leave and I don't think dieing is an option.... yet." There were a few things I could try but I won't... yet. If this guy annoys me enough I will. 

Then I started tuning out Ink when I realized a possibility. I was stuck here. With Ink. For how long? What about the others?

What if they need me?

Do they need me?

Are they glad that I left?

How long have I been gone? It feels like forever though it's probably not.

What about Gradient?

What if something happens to him?

I can't get to him!

My thoughts were starting to spiral which leads us to now, Ink trying to calm me down to little effect.

I don't know how long I was in this state but a hand on my shoulder snapped me out of it. 

"Error- Ahh! Ugh.."

I grabbed the wrist of the hand that touched me and threw the attached body to the ground.

"Don't touch me!"

"Come on Error," he said while sitting up and rubbing his skull. I took several steps away from him and felt a slight headache coming up which didn't help my current mood.

"You stay away from me."

"I'm not going to do anything." 

Suddenly I was hit with a slight wave of pain and closed my eyes letting out a slight hiss. I was remembering something. A fight, no multiple flights, each one ending with me bruised, battered, and hurt. No not me, Error. His fights from the past. 

That's right, we are like this because of Ink mainly. 

".....I don't believe you."

"Error we are both suck here." As if that changes anything. I don't want to get hurt. I won't let him get the chance. 

"That doesn't matter. Stay away from me and maybe this will be over sooner." I walked away a short distance to one end of the area and sat down looking out at the dual colored nothingness.

I heard a sigh behind me before hearing Ink also sit down. I don't know where he was facing and I didn't care. I don't want to be here. I want to go back. 

I want to go home.