62 - Unsettle

Time went on and things went smoothly... mostly. I'm not sure why but the house felt divided. You had Nightmare's side, Dream's side, and the people who didn't want to be involved. Everyone still spoke with each other and did stuff but it was a bit awkward. 

Red was already a pain to begin with but for some reason Ink became very irritating and draining to deal with. More than usual. There were papers everywhere, random drawings and scribbles. It was fine at first but it was becoming much.

When some tried to clean it up he snapped at them not wanting his drawings to be ruined. However a quick trip to the store and he was back to normal. Weird. 

Dream was sounding like a camp counselor, always talking positive and asking us how we're doing but in a really pushy way. I didn't like it. He was always trying to be involved in conversation, like an extreme extrovert.

It was odd before meal times as well. When deciding on what to eat if someone from the 'bad' side suggested something someone from the 'good' side had to interject and suggest something else. To my surprise Swap Papyrus was pretty much making sure no one was fighting and pretty much being the middle man. 

I remember Nightmare asking him if he was ok putting himself in the middle like that and he assured him that nothing was wrong. Once Nightmare left Ink came over wondering what Nightmare told him but he said it was nothing important. 

It's like they were afraid of the others turning against them.

It kind of, sort of, made sense if that was the case, if I squinted. The others go to them because they are charismatic and have good vibes. However, I've actually had time to talk and connect with others while staying here. Same goes to the other 'bad' Sanses. 

Viper talks with Killer a lot. Papyrus likes chatting with Horror and Sugar about food. Classic, Sci, and myself connect over watching over someone. Dancetale Sans makes an effort to say hi to me when I walk into a room which is nice. Reaper and Outer like talking with Nightmare at chill times. Lust and Fresh... like to bug me. 

But with Ink and Dream's attitude you would think it looks like we were recruiting them to our side, which we weren't. 

Then this happened.

I was in the main room with Dust, Cross, Ink, Gradient and the Swap brothers trying to relax when Killer walked in suddenly.

"Hey, Nightmare wants us to spar today. Horror is at work today so won't be joining us this evening." Killer said with Viper and Fell following, they wanted in with the sparing session.

"If that's what he wants," Cross said as he closed the book he was reading and stood up. Before the rest of us could follow though, someone spoke.

"I still can't believe you guys listen to Nightmare. He's not your boss here, you can do whatever you want." Ink said while crossing his arms.

"....I want to spar so I'm not rusty," Cross said not really seeing a point to what Ink said.

"I'm just saying, whenever he tells you guys to do something I've never seen you guy refuse." 

"Because he tells us to eat, train, or go out to assist with shopping. I don't see anything wrong with that." I said wanting to snuff out the conversation quickly. 

"That's all he tells you?" He tone put the rest of us a bit on edge.

"What are you trying to imply Ink?" Dust said looking at Ink with distain.

"Ink just drop it, if they want to spar then let them spar." Classic said as he walked in with Papyrus. Based on how nervous Papyrus looked I'm guess he went to go get him upon hearing the conversation.

"No-" 

"Ink, you should really learn how to mind your own business." I said before Gradient shuffled over to my side. He was getting uncomfortable as well. 

"Why are you guys against me? I'm right. We are the good guys, they destroy others homes yet we let them just wander around like they did nothing wrong." 

"What's going on," I heard as Dream wandered in. Seems like this was attracting everyone's attention. Everyone that was present anyways. 

"Nothing-"

"I was just trying to open their eyes to how they blindly listen to whatever Nightmare tells them."

"I don't remember if I've said this or not but I'll say it anyways, we don't." I said getting agitated. For some reason this sparked a whole argument. The noise ended up attracting the remaining residents and now everyone was involved.

Either we were bad, weren't in control of our actions, or others were defending us. It was really weird. There was no reason to argue but something was sparking this and causing everyone to fight. I want to believe it's because a lot of us just want to go home but we still haven't found a way to go back yet. 

This whole thing was off, Ink usually had more control of himself keeping his 'emotions' in check. His vials were fine yet he's acting... wrong. 

Dream didn't make the situation any better. Trying to defend Ink and bringing up old fights. At this point the house became very loud.

Sci approached me along with Paps and gestured to Gradient and the stairs. I understood his message, get them out of here. So we attempted to get the younger skeletons away from the commotion. We weren't fast enough.

"Nightmare has been lying to you guys! He had to in order for you guys to join his side! There's no other reason you would go with him."

It was silent. Everyone was staring at Ink. Some just surprised that he yelled while others, like myself, was staring in anger at his claim. 

This wasn't going to end well.