Prologue

Suddenly our eyes had met and my heart stopped, I could swear it was the adrenaline I felt every time he gave me an intense look, or when I knew something was wrong but felt right.

I knew he wanted me to leave, he had said it only seconds ago, but I loved it. He thought showing vulnerability was a horrid thing, but the fact that I could easily bring it out made me nervous. Showing feelings for him was like willingly giving your soul to the devil with no strings attached. He hated it, he hated feelings.

"Christina, I told you to leave." He gritted out, out of the corner of my eyes I saw his fist clench. I knew he wouldn't hit me, he would always stop him self in the past. But like my mother had said before, the past is the past it doesn't mean it's in the present or future.

It was confusing when she use to say it to me but suddenly it all made sense.

"You know I can't do that Harry, why every time feelings are supposed to be shown you run?" It had been bugging me from the day we met. This relationship had been built up on a pile of lies, lies that were only coming from him.

"Christina, I said to leave." I could feel tears welling up in my eyes, I hated it. He brought up all these emotions that made me want to hate him but it was as if I was addicted to the pain.

"Harry-" His green eyes looked up to my brown eyes glistening with tears, and in that exact moment I knew something was up, Harry never cried.

"Why do you feel the need stay? Can't you see all I do is hurt you? All I do is beat you down." Did he not know I knew this already? I could be living an amazing life instead of constantly being left in the dark, instead of getting hurt one time after the other to the point where I can't even stand up anymore. The light at the end of the tunnel was a train heading straight towards me with my name carved into the front.

So I got up from the couch gathering my things, his eyes were following my every move.

Before I waked out the door I met his eyes once more time, "I stay for one reason Harry." His eyes flickered to the ground where he wiped a tear, and if I was being honest it fucking hurt me to see him like this, but it was all a game to him. A game where I was to naive to realize I was caught up in it. He was the game changer and I got game over.

"Why?" Harry's voice cracked slightly but I already had one foot out of the door.

"Because Harry, love makes you do crazy things."