Chapter 35

"I say fuck your degree, alphabet boy. You think you're smarter than me." - Melanie Martinez, Alphabet Boy

Christina's POV

"We as humans loose many things, most times the reason is because we're so uncaring. We tend to put things in the wrong place and misplace it. Or, sometime we forget what used to be important to us. We forget the simplicity of the things that used to mean the world to us, for example, our blankets and toys when we were little toddlers, once we grow up we grow out of them. Lucas wasn't really like that. He paid attention to everyone and their feelings," Brianna paused and Zayn visibly tightened his hold on her as she wiped away a tear, "He wasn't happy and I understand that. I understand that he's in a better place, we loose things and what I'm trying to say is; it's apart of life. We'll loose people just like we loose things. I have a great friend," Once again she paused looking at me, "she's recently lost her brother as well and I'd like to thank her for showing me that I have people around me who will help me and be there for me. Just like Lucas does too."

Harry reached over to me wiping a tear I hadn't noticed slipped out past my eye. He had took me out yesterday and it was beautiful, I could tell he was trying and it made me grateful I had him.

Yesterday evening, 8:45 pm

I watched Harry drive with a smile as I played with his hand that was rested on my thigh. I had gotten a indescribable feeling when I received that text from him. I expected it to be the unknown person who kept sending me texts.

Harry refused to tell me where we going but when we pulled up to a beach I was shocked. I wouldn't take Harry as the cliché romantic, because this was really cliché but I love it.

Harry pulled my car door open causing me to blush and bite my lip, after I got out of the car Harry took my hand in his before leading me near the water, I saw a blanket with a picnic blanket but, my heart swelled and my cheeks tinted pink when I pressed my lips to Harry's cheek.

A chuckle left his mouth and I slapped his chest, "Harry this is beautiful." I spoke when he sat me down on the blanket, the moon illuminated the beach but Harry had set up a bunch of lights around us.

"You're beautiful." Once again I felt my cheeks heat up at his statement, I don't think I would ever get used to him saying things like that to me. No one ever really told me things like that.

My phone lit up with a text when Harry went to pull out food from the basket.

From unknown: Pretty girl, with a bad boy. No, no, this date doesn't mean anything darling, if only you knew the truth about him. - A

I gulped turning off my phone I wasn't going to let anyone ruin the effort Harry put into this.

I sighed giving Brianna a hug, just looking into her eyes you could see that pain seeping throughout her.

No words were said, they didn't have to be. Harry and Zayn had gone away from everyone for a smoke so it left the two of us.

"I'm going to be okay." She mumbled giving me a small smile, it made me feel at ease.

"And so will I, remember to call me anytime."

When I got home Harry had said he had to do something important, so it left me with my dad who wanted to talk about Harry. Apart of me was scared for what he was going to say, maybe he was pretending this whole time? Maybe he was just trying to lead me away from Harry. I knew I shouldn't think of my own father like that but who knows what could happen?

"I want to meet him, properly." I shut my eyes remembering when my dad had first seen Harry.

"I'll ask him." I promised, my dad sent me a nod and I knew I had to ask him, "Dad? Are you okay?" My dad looked up, I couldn't help but feel like he was the only person I had left of family.

"Christina, I promise you I'm a bit down at the moment. Maybe a bit scared of what is to come later on in life but I'm okay, you don't have to worry about me."

"I don't want to loose you." I muttered sadly, all my did was crack a smile at me and told me I wouldn't.

I wish I could believe it, but I don't know what could happen. All my life I got the unexpected. And I just didn't know the ultimate unexpected was coming.

•••

I finished my jog and headed to Harry's this morning I had woken up with a note from my dad saying he got called into work, after checking up with Brianna I decided that I would go for a morning jog then head over to Harry's house.

When I got there Harry opened the door shirtless with a pair of jogging pants that hung loosely on him signaling that he just threw them on.

His hair messily laid on his head and he was rubbing his eyes, "Chrissy?" He asked tiredly, his voice was deeper and raspier than usual.

"Did I wake you?" I bit my lip with guilt washing over me.

"Yeah, but it's okay." Harry stepped aside letting me into the house, after he had closed the door I felt his arms wrap around my waist.

"Come cuddle with me." He mumbled leading me to the couch, I didn't have a choice as he pulled me to his chest, I should wake Harry up more often.

"Any reason you came to see me?"

"No, just wanted to come see you." I felt Harry's lips turn upwards into a smile against my neck where he face was buried, "did wittle Chrissy miss me?"

"No." I mumbled turning in his arms so I could burry my face into Harry's neck instead of the other way around. I heard him chuckle before he pressed his lips to my head.

I found myself just wanting to say like this, but something was lurking around the corner. I could feel it.