Chapter 16

"Break up, make up, total waste of time. Can we both make up our minds?" Ariana Grande - Best Mistake

Christina's POV

It was raining outside and Zayn had checked up on me when Harry left after driving me to see my brother and drop him off at Brianna's place where he was staying the rest of the break.

He was still keen on letting me have my freedom this week even if it made me guilty I was okay with that.

Harry had said he would come back soon because he needed to quickly go home and make sure the place was fully secure, it was like he was afraid of someone breaking in.

I sat on the window seat with my eyes fluttered closed, I hadn't noticed the presence in the room until someone was wrapped there arms around me.

Knowing all too well it was Harry I stayed silent with my head pressed against the windows glass.
I was extremely attempted to remove my head from the glass and instead put it on Harry's chest but it would it would only dig me a bigger hole.

"You don't like the rain?" Simply I shook my head lifting my head slightly to look up at him.

"Do you?"

"Yeah, I do actually." The more I learned about him the more I became intrigued with him. So I kept the conversation going.

"Why?" I didn't want to push him as he pondered on wether or not he should tell me or not.

Clearly he decided to when he opened his mouth and began to explain it to me.

"It soothes me, the sound of rain droplets against the surface against something seems beautiful to me. When I was little I used to trace them down the car window, used to think they were racing. I still do it, it makes me focus on something different when I'm mad." I didn't say anything silently observing him, it was extravagant, he loves something that most people hate.

He talked about it with a glint in his eyes, and I wondered, was this a Harry I only got to see? It seemed like I would never get the answer to that but I let go of the thought for now.

"Harry?"

Softly humming in reply as he kissed my neck, "I don't believe what they say."

Shooting me a questioning look Harry stretched his legs so they brushed against mine, I had now moved into the position that I was hesitant to get in with my head pressed against his chest.

He lightly threaded his fingers through my silky locks waiting for me to speak again.

"I don't believe that you're heartless, you're much more different then what people make you out to be." As soon as the words were spoken I knew there was absolutely no turning back.

"You're not like the others Chrissy. You truly are something different."

Turns out Harry had planned on staying over here and he had even brought clothes, Harry absolutely refused to sleep in the guest room, or to let me sleep there. He was an odd one, but despite me already sharing a bed with him before I didn't want to do so again.

However Harry had different plans and pulled me down to his chest causing a shriek to fall from my mouth.

Once we were actually situated Harry had his arms wrapped around me, and I wouldn't admit it to him just yet, but it made me feel safe.

He was playing with my hair with an accidental content sigh coming from me.

"Goodnight Harry."

"Goodnight Christina."

Unfortunately when I woke up it was to Harry's phone blaring out his ringtone, my eyes measly opened to look at the digital clock that read 7:45 a.m.

Groaning I lightly shook Harry which resulted in him grumbling something user his breathe before blindly reaching for his phone.

"Who the fuck are you and why the hell are you calling me so early?" His morning voice, it was raspier and deeper than normal, and quite frankly I like it.

"You idiots can't do anything right can you?! Now I have to fucking fix your stupidity." No more morning voice, it now sounded dark and scary. Wincing at his vulgar language I watched as his face contorted to an angry one.

And when he was about to yell again I grabbed his free hand that was clenched tightly into a fist and traced my fingers gently against the fading bruises that were there from when he fought with Zayn.

"I'll be there in fifteen." My eyes trailed up to his watching as he looked back at me.

"I have to go into work for a few things, be ready to go out when I come back."

"You have a job?" The words blurted out of my mouth and my immediate reaction was to quickly throw a hand over my mouth with my eyes widening.

However Harry just chuckled humorously, "Yeah as a trainer at a gym."

-•-

When Harry left it left me to pick out an outfit for whatever Harry planning, what was he planning?

I wish I knew, he refused to even let a drop of information out. Not that I minded, just staying inside would be fine, the California weather had went back to sunny unlike the rainy weather yesterday.

Which I was happy about, but Harry probably wasn't. It was still unique that he preferred the rain over the sunny weather, New York was in a constant cold weather so I hadn't minded the hot weather. It was a good change.

But Harry lived in London where I assumed the weather wasn't as sunny so wouldn't he enjoy having a bit of sun as well? Not dwelling on it for too long I simply began to throw an outfit together.

"Knock, knock." A voice chirped behind me, in which I jumped up swinging around to see Brianna standing there with an amused smile on her lips.

"Awe, did I scare you? Don't answer that, I know I did. But anyways just came to tell you that your brother and Lucas got on the plane safely."

"And you couldn't call because?"

"What's going on with you and Harry?" Of course, it was all she ever wanted to know. She constantly texted me yesterday nonstop about Harry.

Flowing questions on why we seemed so close and what not, now she was face to face asking me. Why did she even care?

"Bri, I love you, but please stop asking a question you won't be getting an answer to." A sigh fell from her mouth but she didn't stop. As I began to rummage through my clothes she began to poke at my arm. She was beginning to be like an annoying pest.

"Brianna." I warned shooting her a glare.

"Here." She threw a pile of clothes at me and I'm pretty sure my eyes lit up, it was perfect.

"Enjoy your date with Harry." And with a final wink she was out of the house.