Chapter 11

Christina's POV

My breathing was uneven with pants coming out from my parted lips. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as my legs picked up speed. The familiar burn erupted in my lungs and I knew I should've stopped but I loved the feeling of it. I could feel my cousin, Josh, twirling me in a circle.

"Alright kiddo, I think that's enough for today." However I shook my head and gestured for him to leave, I knew he was tired but I wasn't in particular.

He gave me one last look as if to say not to overwork myself. My hair was beginning to stick to my forehead and cheeks so I threw it into a careless bun.

Suddenly the lights had all gone out and a pitiful shriek was heard, it was frantic and needy, my head began to feel as if someone had put a brick on it. Sobs echoed throughout the dark halls but a light flickered on causing me to stumble away from it. Instead of it being comforting it was now monstrous, malicious even.

"Christina!"

"Christina wake up!"

My body jolted upwards almost knocking Cory over, his eyes were blown wide and I sent him an apologetic smile before wiping a hand over my face. Giving me a knowing look Cory left the room but returned later with a glass of water.

Thanking him I gulped half of it down and rested it down on the nightstand. School was out for break and Brianna and I arranged for us to just spend a day alone together. My family was apparently going back to New York during the break to settle some more things and offered me to come and as much as I wanted to I knew if I would go there I would get caught up and not want to leave. So I kindly declined.

A week had passed since that day I encountered that girl and Harry. I would see him with different girls and I could tell Brianna noticed to. Now that I had known about her and Zayn she went off about him constantly. I loved her to death and yeah they were extremely cute but if I didn't have a love life then I didn't want to hear about hers.

Cory hugged me mumbling about how much he was going to be miserable with Mother and Dad. I smiled sadly at him and jogged down stairs. Upon seeing Brianna there I was shocked, she wasn't supposed to be here this early. Instead of questioning it I shrugged moving over to hug mother and my dad. Soon enough they were hauling there stuff into the car and I grabbed the keys, they would need someone to take them so the car could get back home and that person was me. Brianna got into the passenger seat before Cory or Mother could. My dad never liked sitting in the passenger seat so he just got into the back with Cory and Mother.

Going, the ride was silent. But coming back Brianna had blasted the radio, in which made me chuckle at her with amusement clear in my eyes.

We pulled up to the grocery store endlessly filling a cart with junk and soda. I was rather reluctant to get all of them because unlike Brianna I would get fat from everything, whereas when she ate she barley gained weight.

It was another thing I envied about her, when it came to paying we split the price and walked out of the car. Zayn was outside in his yard when we arrived and I saw that Brianna was ignoring him. However when Zayn noticed it he smirked and shook his head fondly.

Once inside we dumped everything on the floor where blankets were spread out, along with a pile of movies.

-•-

When Brianna left I was laughing, we had the time of our lives dancing around and pretending to sing with a lollipop.

My phone rang and I rolled my eyes, what did she forget now?

"Hey Bri, what did you forget?"

"It's not Brianna." Harry's raspy voice sent chills down my spine, how did he get my phone number?

"When you left it." Came his reply and it was then that I realized I was wording my thoughts.

"W-what do you want?" I scowled at myself for stuttering, I could feel his smirk through the phone and I so badly wanted to hang up the phone.

"Why don't you go to your room babe." I didn't know why but the way he said babe made butterflies erupt in my stomach. I was confused by his words but nonetheless I made my way upstairs.

Nearly dropping my phone when I saw Harry sprawled out on my bed I glared at him.

"How did you get in here?!" Looking up to me he smirked, no surprise there, and got up from the bed.

"That's for me to know and you to find out." He was drunk, I'm sure of it, but he didn't even look in the least bit tipsy and didn't smell anything of alcohol so he was just being crazy.

Suddenly his hands were on my hips, his lips on mine. My body filled with shock but soon enough was filled with need. My immediate reaction was to put my arms around his neck.

It's wasn't normal, mysteriously breaking into someone's house then kissing them, it was probably all just a game to him and I was suddenly trapped in it.

He was now walking backwards which I followed until I was being pushed onto my bed and he was hovering over me.

My mind was telling me to push him off and make him leave but every other part of me made me kiss him back letting my vulnerable side take over I let myself go with it. I knew when to stop and if anything got out of control I'm sure I could just ignore Harry.

Even if it wouldn't be that simple.