Chapter 44

Love what destroys you and hate what makes you complete - Me

After the incident with Ashlyn Harry was extremely quiet. I was in the living room whilst Harry was making dinner. I sighed texting Brianna and asking her she was okay. It was stupid to ask knowing what she was going through, but I had to make sure or I'd be eaten with guilt.

When Harry came out with two plates I looked up at him, I was glad when he met mine he was giving me small smile. I was glad he wasn't upset, but that was the thing why was he?

I decided not to ask due to the fact that I didn't want to push him. I only kept quiet glancing at him every so often.

As Harry and I ate in silence I decided that I would call my dad later and check up on him, make sure he's not too caught up in his work.

I admit, the way Harry was acting out there intimated me. The way his green eyes darkened and his jaw visibly clenched. He went from okay to just complete anger, I wasn't sure it was that easy to get angry so easily and quickly, but Harry managed to.

"How's your father?" Harry asked after he placed his finished plate on the coffee table, thankful that there was a conversation going on I smiled.

"He's doing alright, drowning in his work for an escape." Harry hummed gently tugging me over to him, happily I complied crawling over to him, he was warm but cold at the same time.

"Do you want to come to the place I took you that one time, with the woods tomorrow?" I nodded playing with Harry's fingers, I knew that place meant something to him so of course I wouldn't turn down an opportunity to get a glimpse of his past, even if it would scare me.

"H?"

"Yes babe." My heart fluttered at the name, "Do you want to properly meet my dad?" I knew it was out of nowhere but my dad was someone who was very important to me and I didn't want him missing out on a large chunk of my life.

Especially since Harry was so important to me.

His body tensed and I thought he would immediately shoot down the idea but instead he pressed his lips to the top of my head muttering a "sure" into my hair.

We sat in silence for a good few minutes before I looked up meeting Harry's gaze. I didn't have to time to think before Harry was placing his lips on mine and pushing me back against the couch.

My hands flew around his neck, my fingers playing with his hair. Just kissing him made me feel like I was truly at home

Harry pulled back his eyes searching mine, "I don't want to scare you."

My eyes softened as he stroked my cheek, I could see a bit of it before it went away, in his eyes I could sense the insecurity he was feeling.

"You don't." I whispered back.

•••

Harry's hand was intertwined with mines over the console as he drove. I would be returning to my old school today, I was happy that I would be with the others but I had a lot of questioning to do with Zayn, Harry had found out the two had broken up but he didn't know why, or at least that's what he told me.

Although he hadn't said it I could tell Harry was a bit happy I would be there too. I wasn't as close as he was to his mate but I wanted to get to know them, and from what he told me they wanted to get to know the person who was "changing" Harry.

In my eyes I wasn't changing he British lad, he's just judged so much that people have this image of him that they expect to be true.

I had Mr.Yen's class first to which I didn't mind because it was boring but he didn't really pay attention to what his students did in his class.

"Can you see your Silhouette?" Harry sang to the song playing in the car, fondly I rolled my eyes. He was a great singer and I can't believe I didn't find this out earlier, if I had I would never stop asking for him to sing, so in Harry's part he was lucky I hadn't found out earlier.

When we arrived at the school the first person who approached us was Niall, he greeted Harry with a side hug and smiled at me.

"Hey Christina." I smiled back muttering a hi back, Niall was laid back which calmed me down, it wasn't my first time meeting any of the boys but I hadn't done it properly either.

We couldn't find Zayn so I made a mental note to speak to him later. Liam had only spoke to us for a few minutes before dragging Niall to class, knowing fully well the Irish lad was up to no good.

"Hey 'arry, Christina." Harry nodded whilst I grinned at his accent. The two of them talked for a few minutes, something about a party whilst I watched. I wasn't one that was big on parties, but in way that's how Harry and I's relationship progressed really.

My smile faltered when I saw Zayn, his arm slung around a blonde's shoulder. I already knew her name was Perrie from what Brianna had told me, but he was just flaunting her around, I hadn't really seen her do that with Brianna. My eyes trailed over to Brianna who had just walked into the school building, she immediately noticed Zayn and Perrie, all she did was roll her eyes and make her way to me.

But she wasn't fooling anyone I could see the pain hidden in her eyes.

"I'm glad you're back." Her eyes were pleading with me not to talk about Zayn, her obviously seeing that I saw the pair as well.

And if I though her life was falling apart I didn't know what would happen to mine...