4. Pain

Okay so in my story, Krish will be Priya's friend. That scene in the show where he tells Priya that what would've happened if he told her in college that he liked her and the scene where Krish tells Ram that he liked Priya in college doesn't exist in this story. So keep that in mind while reading this chapter as I don't want to include an unnecessary love-triangle.

Ram felt like his breath immediately stopped as he watched his Priya like that, trying to breath, clutching her heart, sweating profusely.
Ram: Priya utho Please! Doctor doctor! Please help! Please someone help!
Tears started flowing from his eyes.
Then he heard the knock on the door.
"Ram! Ram! Open the damned door! Please! Open", a voice called.
He immediately realized the door was closed. He fumbled with his phone but opened the lock almost instantly.
Krish opened the door and was shocked to see Priya.
He saw her sitting on the chair, trying to breathe.
Krish: Priya! Oh no!
Not waiting a second, he started searching for something in her bag. And he got it.
He made Priya take a pill with little bit water.
All of this was witnessed by Ram who was sitting in front of her on another chair, clutching her hand very very tightly.
Krish then lifted her almost lifeless body and placed her on the couch in Ram's cabin.
Krish: Priya! Look at me! Look at me! Try deep breaths. Okay try with me! Breath in! Breath out! Breath in ! Breath out! Think about Pihu Priya! Think about her! How she smiles! How she smells! Think Priya! We are here! We are now! Nothing else matters! Kuch nahi hoga. Believe me. Sab thik hai. Pihu thik hai. Sara di ke saath hai. She's fine. Everything will be just fine.

Finally Priya started to show some positive signs. Her breathing got a little better. Krish dabbed a tissue on her forehead to wipe the sweat.

Ram was frozen on his chair. He couldn't move a bit.
Krish turned to him and saw his pale face and realized what happened. He went near him and shook him heavily.
Krish: Ram take your stress pill please.
Ram just took out his little medicine box and took a pill without giving it a much thought.
He saw Priya, looking at him. A single teardrop fell from her left eye.
Krish left Ram and sat beside Priya.
Krish: Do you feel a little better?
Priya(almost inaudible): Hmmm. Thank you.

Krish: Ram are you okay? Should I call a doctor?
No answer came from him. He looked like a stone. He was looking at Priya with some unrecognizable emotion. "What is that! Love? Care? Fear? Gulit? In his eyes! I can't even guess what he is feeling!", Krish thought.
He again went to Ram and shook him. Ram looked up to him then his eyes again went to Priya.
Krish: Ram! Priya is fine. She'll be alright in sometime.
Ram just nodded.
After 15-20 minutes,
Krish: Ram I'm taking her home. And don't you dare stop me. She's not in a position to listen to you right now.
Ram again nodded.
Krish: Priya? Your heartbeat is almost normal now. Can you walk now?
Priya: Yes. I can.
Priya sat up wobbling.
Krish went to her and gave his hand to her which she accepted and stood up unsteadily.
Ram finally stood up from his chair and went to his desk and pulled out a Chocolate bar and gave it to her.
Ram: Eat this. You'll feel good.
Priya looked at him then took the chocolate from his hand.
Ram: Priya is not fine to walk Krish. Let her rest for a bit here.
Krish: With you here? You are the reason for this! I know it. You did something that panicked her. It's better for her if she goes home right now.
Ram: Krish don't argue with me. She's not fine.
Krish: 5 years Ram! you didn't care. And suddenly what happened? Priya ke lia itni care!
Ram's right hand fisted in a ball.
Priya: Please stop. Both of you.
Ram: Okay. Sandy will take Priya home. I'm calling her. You stay here we need to talk.
Ram called Sandy.
She came immediately and saw Priya's condition.
Her eyes straight went to Ram and shot deadly glances to him.
Ram averted his eyes from her.
Ram: Sandy take Priya home. Make her eat something solid.
Sandy(firmly): I know how to take care of my sister I don't need your orders for that.
Ram couldn't even look at her. He knew he deserved that.
Ram: Please do it Sandy.
Sandy: Pri di hold me tight please. It's okay. Don't cry.
Ram: Priya! One thing.
She turned towards him.
Ram waved his right hand and pointed on his ring.
Ram: Remember this ring? The one you made me wear on our engagement day. I've never took it off all these years. I'm not engaged to Vedika nor I'm gonna marry her or anyone to be precise. It's a fake news. I know nothing about it. Trust me on this.
The sincerity in his eyes proved what he told her was true. Priya believed him but didn't react to it. She again turned to leave.