49. The Kapoor Family Tradition

As the car stopped in front of a restaurant, a big frown came on Priya's forehead.
Priya: Rajesh bhaiya yeh kahan lekar aaye?
Rajesh: Sir ne toh yeh hi address bataya tha madam.
Priya: Oh.
Her frown didn't go away. She made a call to Ram.
Ram: Haan Priya pohoch gayi kya?
Priya: Haan par yahan kyun?
Ram: Just wait inside the car. Hum aa rahe hain 5-10 minutes mein. Batata hoon jaake.
Priya: Accha thik hai.
She cut the call and again looked at the restaurant, still frowning.

Ram turned to Pihu ones who was looking outside the window, humming something.
Ram: Pihu bachhe?
Pihu turned to look at him.
Pihu: Haan?
Ram: Priya ko abhi kuch mat batana dresses aur jewellery ke baare mein. Ghar jaake batayenge nahi toh...
Pihu: Gussa ho jayegi abhi.
Ram looked at her and gave a sad pout who did the same.

Some time later they reached the place. Ram and Pihu came out of the car and saw Priya waiting for them. She came towards them and Pihu jumped in her arms. She smiled and hugged her tightly while looking at Ram. He smiled gently.
Priya(softly): Aap thik hai?
Ram: Ab hoon.
She nodded with a smile.
Priya(kissing Pihu's cheek): Aur Pihu ne aaj kitni masti ki?
Pihu: Bohotttttt! (Showing off her necklace and ring) Yeh dekho Mumma...mere paas bhi aap ke jaisi ring hai.
Priya looked at Ram and smiled and then kissed Pihu's knuckles.
Priya: Bohottt cute lagg rahe ho.
The trio smiled looking at each other.
Ram: Chalo chalo! Mujhe bohot bhook lagi hai.
Priya again looked at the restaurant, then at Ram with a frown. And then she touched his forehead to look if he had fever.
Priya: Temperature toh thik hai...
Ram(knitting his eyebrows): Kyun?
Priya(eyeing the restaurant): Yahan? Aapki tabiyat thik hai?
Ram: Haan and haan...
Priya again read the signboard, "Britannia & Co.". It looked like a very very old resturant to Priya, not something Ram Kapoor would prefer.
Ram(holding her hand and pulling her inside): Arreyyy baba aao na...itna kya!
Priya went inside with Pihu in her arms.

Ram talked to a staff and then they were seated in a table at one corner. Priya and Pihu both were looking all around them with curious eyes. That place was full of people, eating and talking happily. It looked old, very old actually but the ambience of the place was unmatchable. There were b&w pictures around them which made it more aesthetic.

Priya looked at Ram questionningly who had a small smile on his lips.
Ram: Kaisa laga?
Pihu: Cute hai. Papa dekho woh saare pictures!
Ram: Haan they are black and white. Tab colored pictures nahi hote the. Aapko pata hai yeh restaurant ki age 99 years hai.
Priya: Itna purana?
Ram: Haan this is a Parsi restaurant and it was opened in 1923 by a Parsi man named Mr. Boman Kohinoor.
Priya: Wow.
Ram: Woh kehte hai na Old is Gold waisi hai yeh jagah. Tumhe pata hai main jab chota tha tab Dad mujhe aur Mumma ko yahan laate the Sunday ko kabhi kabhi. It was kind of our ritual.
Priya smiled at him softly.
Pihu: Aap jab chote the?
Ram: Haan bilkul. Main bhi toh kabhi aap hi ke jaise chota tha. Aur mujhe bohot pasand thi yeh jagah pehle toh hum saath aate the isliye aur phir the food here is out of the world. Toh maine socha aaj yahan aa jaate hain. Hum teeno.
Pihu: Grandpa ko bhi khaana bohot pasand tha?
Ram: Haan bohottt bilkul hamari tarah.
They did a little hi-five which made Priya shake her head with a chuckle.
Just then the waiter came with three bottles with red colored soda in it.
Ram: Yeh dekho aa gaya. So this is the famous Raspberry Soda. Yeh aapki grandmumma ka favourite tha.
He ordered for them as Priya told him to do. Then they all took a sip of the soda and a smile came onto their faces.
Pihu: Bohot tasty.
Priya: It's too good.
Ram: Yahan ke jo owner the unko dad acche se pehechante the. He was so sweet and jolly. Sab se milte the, baat karte the, kya order karna hai recommend karte the. He loved to talk about the British Royal Family.
Priya: I think I've read about him.
Ram smiled.
Ram: Sweet fellow.
Pihu was listening to her parents with utmost concentration.
Pihu: Sweet what?
Ram: Sweet fellow matlab a person who is sweet and gentle to others.
Pihu: Oho...samjhi.
Her focus shifted towards her soda in a second making Ram and Priya silently chuckle.