75. Sorry

An hour later Priya's sleep broke and she sat up holding her head. She had a light headache. She opened her eyes in search for Ram and expected him to sit there on the sofa but instead Sandy came towards her.

Sandy: Pri di aap thik ho? Sar dukh raha hai?

Sandy adjusted the pillow behind Priya and sat on the stool beside her.

Priya(rubbing her forehead): Haan thoda. Mr. Kapoor kahan hai?

Sandy: Jiju...umm...ek minute main call karti hoon.

Sandy made a call to Ram who informed her that he was coming back in 5 mins.

Sandy: Aa rahe hain 5 min mein. Main nurse ko bulayun?

Priya: Nahi tu baith. Zyada nahi hai.

Sandy: Ab kaisa feel kar rahe ho?

Priya(letting out a sigh): Thik hoon. Tu thakk gayi hogi Sandy, ghar jaake rest le le thoda.

Sandy: Nahi di main thik hoon koi baat nahi. Aap tension mat lo.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor ko maine kaha ghar jaane ko yahan hospital staff hai na...baat nahi maan rahe meri.

Sandy pressed her lips together and gave her a small smile.

Sandy: Maitri di aayi thi.

Priya: Kya? Maitri? Iss haalat mein?

Sandy: Hmmm...Sara di se unko pata a chala aur aapse milne aayi thi.

Priya: Utha diya hota mujhe.

Sandy: Bimaar ho aap... hospital mein ho. You need rest.

Priya(rolling her eyes): Mujhe kuch nahi hua hai Sandy main thik hoon.

Sandy: Aapke reports toh kuch aur keh rahe hain Pri di. Why are you being so stubborn?

Priya lowered her head and started fidgeting.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor the wahan? Umm...Maitri jab...aayi thi?

Sandy knew that this question would come and she could sense the sadness in her voice.

Sandy: Hmm.

Priya then enquired Sandy about Maitri and when she went back and then let out a deep sigh.

Priya: Kuch bola Mr. Kapoor ne?

Sandy: Hmm...baat ki Maitri di se. Jiju is feeling guilty di. Shakal se samajh aa raha hai.

Priya was about to say something when they heard a knock on the door and Ram entered with a concerned expression on his face and raced towards Priya.

Ram: Priya? Tum thik ho na? Uneasy feel ho raha hai? Kuch problem hai? Kuch chahiye tumhe?

Priya just looked at her husband who looked like a mess. His tousled hair and tired eyes told her that he didn't take rest for even a minute. Sandy left to give them privacy.

Priya patted on the bed, gesturing Ram to sit. Ram sat down beside her.

Priya: Aap kyun itna panic kar rahe hain? Main thik hoon.

Ram felt a little relieved as Priya voiced out that she was fine.

Ram: Nahi...woh tumne mujhe bulaya...isliye.

Priya: Toh zaroorat ke alawa main aapko nahi bula sakti?

Ram looked at her sadly and then lowered his head.

Ram: N-nahi...main...main tumhe pareshan na-nahi karna chahta.

Priya realised that Ram had taken her hurtful words to heart and that he really felt that he was suffocating her. But in reality, even though Priya was still angry with him, she couldn't bear the thought of not having him close to her. He was, no doubt, taking care of everything but acting distant with her.