81. It's The Little Things That Matter Most

Happy Sunday to you all!

Here's the next chapter. Enjoy!

. . . . .

The next morning when Ram's sleep broke, he found himself alone on the bed. Rubbing his eyes he sat up and lazily let out a loud yawn. But as soon as his eyes fell on the clock and he noticed that it was 8:15am, his eyes widened in shock. 

Ram(talking to himself): Fuck! Priya ki thyroid ki medicine!

Grabbing the bottle of the medicine from Priya's side table, he almost ran downstairs, while calling for her. 

Ram: Priyaaaaaaaaaa! Priyaaaaaaaaaa! Arey tumhari Thyroid ki medicine! Empty stomach lena tha yeh!

His loud tone shook almost everyone in the house. Priya, who was sitting on the sofa of the living room, covered both of her ears because her husband just ruined her peaceful morning. She saw him coming down the stairs frantically and then running towards her. 

But the moment Priya got a complete view of Ram, she took a loud gasp in shock. She didn't know how to respond to him or even take him seriously when he looked like that. 

Tarun who was in the kitchen, came running towards the living room after listening his Ram sir's voice and as soon as his eyes fell on him, his hand went up to cover his mouth. His eyes then shifted to his bhabhi who had the same reaction. 

Ram looked at the teacup in Priya's hand and rubbed his forehead in frustration. 

Ram: Tumhe kaha tha na mujhe utha dena! Dawai hai subah...Khali pet lena hota hai! Ho gayi na miss! Ab kya karenge!

He expected Priya to say something but seeing her stupified expression, he looked at her pressing his lips, hands on his waist. He kept lecturing her for a minute explaining how reckless she was being about her own health and not listening to him at all. But to Ram's disappointment, she kept looking at him open mouthed as if he was a weird creature she had encountered for the first time. 

Letting out a loud sigh and keeping his tone at check, Ram waved at her. 

Ram: Priya? Sunn rahi ho? Main jo itni der se bole ja raha hoon. Kuch toh bolo! Kya dekh rahi ho tum!

Finally she blinked a few times and again took a look at her husband, before her eyes fell on the medicine bottle in his hand. 

Priya: Haan?

Ram: Yeh medicine! Nahi li tumne khaane se pehle....yeh bol raha hoon. 

Priya: Maine le li thi medicine niche aane se pehle. 

Ram let out a sigh of relief but kept looking at Priya in annoyed. 

Ram: Haan toh pehle bolna chahiye na Priya. Itni der se main bole jaa raha hoon, bole jaa raha hoon. Tum bol do ke dawayi le li tumne. 

Priya again kept staring at him, folding her lips  inwards to stop herself from laughing out loud because their little munchkin has used her Papa like a human Barbie doll. 

Priya cleared her throat and lowered her head to find her voice and sound normal. 

Priya: Ummm...woh...woh...ku-kuch nahi. 

Ram looked at her feelings really confused and then turned to Tarun who didn't (couldn't actually) move an inch from where he was standing, looking at him like he had grew horns on his head. 

Ram: Ho kya gaya hai tum logon ko? Aise kyun dekh rahe ho mujhe?

Tarun: Woh...sir...actually...main aaya abhi.