30. Memories

It was 6:15am when Ram's sleep broke abruptly. He started rubbing his eyes. He opened his eyes and saw Pihu sleeping peacefully holding his hand but Priya was not there on her side. He began feel panicky.
"Where is Priya? Kayi usse phir se panic attack toh nahi aaya? Oh no!", he thought.
He quickly loosened Pihu's hold, caressed her head and went out of the room in search of Priya. He went downstairs. No one was there in the living room or dining room. He went to the balcony and again found no one. He started sweating heavily.
Ram(a little loudly): Priya?
No sound came.
Ram noticed that it was raining.
Ram(worry in his voice): Priya? Where are you?
Again no voice came.
He started running his fingers in desperation.

Suddenly Priya's voice could be heard by him from a little far. She was singing. It took Ram some seconds to realize where the voice was coming from and he ran towards the terrace.

Reaching the terrace, what Ram saw shook him pleasantly to the core. There was Priya, in the middle of the terrace, hands forwarded, getting drenched in the rain. She was singing his favorite actually their favorite "Bade Acche Lagte Hain". Her beautiful melodious voice calmed his nerves.

"Hum tum kitne paas hai
kitne duur hain chaand sitaare
Sach poochho to mann ko jhoothe lagte hain yeh saare ×2

Magar saccche lagte hai
Yeh Dharti, yeh nadiyaa, yeh rainaa

Aur?
Aur Tum...."

Ram was facing her back. He was utterly stunned. Her voice, her body language told him that she was happily getting wet in the rain. He knew that she didn't like rains. Yes she got drenched with him under the shower that night but still this Priya in front of him was completely different. She loved the rains.

"Kuch jaana kuch anjaana sa
Mujhko toh woh laage
Saari raina sapna banke
Wo aankhon mein jaage...

Bade achhe lagte hain
Ye taare nazare
Ye Chanda Aur?
Aur Tum..."

A beautiful, warm smile adorned his lips. He felt a weird comfort feeling after seeing the rain after 5 long year and that too because of his Priya whom he thought still didn't like the rains. And her, singing their favorite song made the moment more enchanting.

"Bade achhe lagte hain
Ye dharti ye nadiya..
Ye raina aur?
Aur tum..."

That Priya who always carried an umbrella, whose best friend was her raincoat, who hated the wet feeling of the rain droplets, who used to make faces just by hearing the word 'Baarish', was now getting completely soaked in it delightfully. Ram felt sad for some reason.

Priya finished singing the song. There was a pretty smile on her face as she was remembering getting wet in the rains with her Mr. Kapoor for the first time, how to protect her from the rains he was holding his blazer over her head, his charming smile when raindrops were touching his handsome face. She let out a soft chuckle.

She turned around to go back and saw Ram standing under the shed looking at her.
She stood frozen at her place. There was some feet of distance between them. She tried to scrutinize his expression. That pure disgust, irritation, hatred mixed feelings she observed 2 days ago was not there. It was replaced by wonder and sadness in his eyes. She could feel his feelings of surprise by seeing her like that. He was completely stupefied.

Priya took a deep breath.
Priya: Aap?
Ram slowly got out of his dazzled state listening to her question.
Ram(clearing his throat): Umm...yeah...umm...I woke up and you were not there so...
He started looking here and there. Priya slowly walked towards him and stood in front of him keeping some distance.
Priya: Oh...umm...woh...Pihu?
Ram: She's sleeping peacefully don't worry.
Priya: Windows and the balcony door is closed na?
Ram: Ha. Why?
Priya: Woh she'll wake up if she hears the rain. She'd want to get wet then also.
Ram: Oh..okay. No everything is fine. You were singing so beautifully.
Priya awkwardly blushed.
Priya: Umm...Thanks.
Ram: Didn't know you could sing this well?
Priya: Ummm...I used to when I was little. Didn't take any training though. But then I.....stopped.
Ram could hear the pain in her voice.
He just nodded.