77. Not An Easy Task

Ram stood in front of the police station. Tapping his feet constantly, he couldn't help but feel heavy. When he was talking about bailing out Meera to Priya, everything seemed very simple but now that he was there, he began to feel agitated. He asked his driver Suresh for a bottle of water and had his pill. Rubbing his forehead a few times he imagined how happy Maitri would be to see her mother and after taking a deep breath, he finally decided to enter but just then his phone rang. He picked it up instantly seeing that it was Priya.

Ram: Priya? Tum thik ho na?

Priya: Haan. Main thik hoon. Aap pohoch gaye kya?

Ram: Haan. Abhi. Bass andar jaa hi raha tha.

Priya: Oh. Umm...thik hai.

Ram(feeling concerned): Tum thik ho na sach mein? Main jaun kya?

Priya: Nahi nahi. Main thik hoon. Maine bass yeh poochne ke liye call kiya tha ke aap pohoche ya nahi.

Ram: Ohh. Hmm.

Ram could sense that Priya was concerned for him.

Ram: Priya main thik hoon.

He could hear her soft sigh over the phone.

Ram: Main aa jayunga jaldi okay?

Priya: Hmm.

Ram: Aur kuch bolna tha tumhe?

Priya stayed quiet for a couple of seconds.

Priya: Umm...suniye...aate waqt mere liye ek chocolate la sakte hain?

Ram(with a smile): Bass ek?

Priya: Hmm.

Ram: Thik hai. Aur kuch?

Priya: Nahi.

Ram: Okay. Toh main rakkhun?

Priya: Hmm...bye.

Ram: Bye.

Ram cut the call with a bright smile. His wife just knew how to make him crazy for her with these cute antics. He knew that it was her way of telling him that she was there for him. It was the same thing that she did before when she demanded for a handbag. At that moment he wanted to run back to her and pull her cheeks. He shook his head with a smile and walked towards the entrance of the police station.

Upon entering, he felt a familiar throbbing pain in his chest. 5 years ago, he entered that area with so much hope in him but when he left, his heart was completely broken. He remembered how Priya lied to him and how strongly she said that she loved Krish and that she didn't want to have any contacts with him. He thought she did it out of her love for Krish but 5 years later he understood that it was was to protect their little one. Shaking his head, he tried his best to shoo away those disturbing thoughts.

"Ram?", He heard someone calling, taking him out of his traumatic memories. Ram turned his head to see where the voice was coming from and saw Sara coming towards him.

Sara stood in front of him in a rather awkward way. She didn't know how to express her feelings. Her son was the reason of Ram's sister's death, her father and her ex-husband killed Ram's father, and her mother lied to him and kept being an obstruction in the case of his father's death.

Ram was quite shocked to see her there.

Ram: Sara di aap?

Sara couldn't meet his eyes and kept focusing her eyes on the floor.

Sara: Haan woh...Sandy...Sandy ne bataya...mujhe. Toh...umm..mujhe laga...ke mujhe aana chahiye.

Ram: Oh...sab thik hai na Sara di?