84. Main Zidd Kar Rahi Hoon

Ram and Priya walked up to Pihu's room. As Priya opened the door and entered, a soft shriek left her lips. With widened eyes, she turned to look at Ram whose eyes were all over the room except on her. He began to scratch the back of his head feeling tensed. He could feel Priya's eyes on him.

Priya(voice laced with shock): Yeh sab kya hai?

Ram: K-kya?

Ram pretended as if he knew absolutely nothing about it.

The room was filled with hundreds of boxes, soft toys bubble wrapped, packages from bookstores, from different brands that Priya never heard of.

Slapping her forehead a little too hard, she glared at Ram.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor yeh kya hai? Itne saare boxes! Maine kaha tha na ke Pihu ke paas already itni toys hain, ek poora playroom hai. Phir bhi aap ne yeh kiya.

Ram(with a low tone, pouting): Woh...woh...toh wahan pe hai. Yahan kahan hai?

Priya: Haan toh farmhouse se kya hum lekar nahi aa sakte? Mr. Kapoor this is too much.

Ram: Kuch nahi hai...(entering inside holding her hand) Tum dekho. Yeh toys nahi hai Pihu ke paas.

Ram was going to make her sit on the bed but that was also filled with things. Hurriedly he moved some of them to the floor and made some space for Priya to sit who was looking at him with her hands on her waist.

After finishing the work, Ram made Priya sit on the bed and he sat beside her.

Ram(with a pout): Suno na...

Priya: Hmm.

Ram held her hand again and then lowering his head, he began to draw circles on the back of Priya's hand.

Ram: I know...ke yeh thoda zyada ho gaya. But Priya woh toys maine thodi diye hain, aur aadhe se zyada books Pihu already padh chuki hai. Tumhe pata hai na usse kitne pasand hai. Aur tum dekho itna toh lagenge na ke room sajane ke liye.

Priya: Hum woh toys pack karke lekar chale aate. Aap samajhte kyun nahi ke aap jitna Pihu ko bhar bhar ke cheezein kharidke denge, woh aur zyada mangegi. Bachhi hai woh abhi.

Ram looked up at her with a sad expression.

Ram: Kahan mangti hai woh mujhse kuch? Kabhi nahi karti.

Priya's eyes softened in a moment. She placed her other hand over Ram's hand.

Priya: Aapko pata hai woh aapse kyun kuch nahi mangti?

Ram shook his head with a pout.

Priya: Kyunki aap usse mangne ka mauka hi nahi dete. Usse jab kisi bhi cheez ki need hi feel nahi hogi tab how would she ask for anything?

Ram's face fell as he thought he made a grave mistake.

Priya: Usko kehne se pehle hi sab kuch mil jaata hai. Kuch bolne se pehle hi uski saari needs fulfill ho jaati hain.

Ram looked up with tears in his eyes.

Priya: You may feel that you're doing very little but in reality, you are doing a lot. Mr. Kapoor main samajh rahi hoon ke aap chahte hain ke Pihu khush rahe, usse kisi bhi cheez ki kami na mehsoos ho. But there are certain things that she needs to understand.

Ram listened to her every word with utmost care and left out a soft sigh.

Priya: Aap fridge aur snacks ka cupboard khali karwa dije woh khud aapke peeche peeche poora din ghumegi ke chocolate chahiye. Give her only a few options, she'll ask for more according to her needs. Aur jab mangegi toh thoda bhi denge na toh she'll be happy. Aap yeh karte rahe na Mr. Kapoor toh uske liye kuch bhi kabhi enough nahi hoga.