33. Home Is Where You Are❤ - Part 1

Okay so I changed the Kapoor Farmhouse here just to make it more cozy and homely.

It was 5am when Priya started waking Ram up.
Priya(whispering): Mr. Kapoor! Mr. Kapoor!
Ram didn't even stirred in sleep.
Priya: Dono ek jaise hain Priya! Lagta hai sirf mujhe ghar jana hai.
Priya smiled as she said 'ghar'. She touched Ram's arm and shook him a little.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor! Mr. Kapoor uthiye!!!
Ram stirred a little in his sleep, held Priya's hand tightly close to his heart like he used to do 5 years ago.
Ram(mumbling in deep sleep): Priya don't leave me please.
Tears started forming in her eyes as she heard Ram's word in deep sleep.
She took some deep breaths, shook her head then shook him a little strongly this time.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor it's already past 5! Please uthiye na!
Ram again didn't buzz just turned to the other side holding her hand.
Priya: Ha Priya yeh hi teri life hai ab. 1 ghanta inko uthao phir 1 ghanta beti ka resting bitch face thik Karo every morning. And the cycle continues.
Then Priya shook Ram hard.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor! Uthiye!
Ram sat up with a jerk.
Ram(keeping a hand on his racing heart): Pihu? Priya?
Looked at both of them and let out a sigh in relief.
Ram: What the f....What's wrong with you? Aise koi uthata hai?
Priya: Main kab se utha rahi hoon aap uth hi nahi rahe. I'm sorry to scare you.
Ram took some deep breaths.
Ram: Pihu ko uthana hai?
Priya: Nahi woh 5:45 tak uthegi toh chalega.
Ram(looking at Priya, annoyed): Toh mujhe kyun uthaya abhi?
Priya: Aise toh bolte hain mujhe bachha mat bulao phir bachho jaisi harkate karte hain! Aapko ready hone mein time lagta hai isiliye maine uthaya. Pihu will whine a lot after waking up. Aap help kar payenge mujhe isiliye maine uthaya. Thik hai aap so jaiye I'll do everything alone.

Ram chided himself for saying that to her. She was about to go that's when Ram held her hand.
Ram: I'm sorry Priya. I'll go get ready. Tell me what you need me to do. I'll do it.
Priya melted in a moment. She nodded.
Priya: Umm...if her sleep isn't complete which is likely to happen today, she'll cry.
Ram: Oh no...thik hai main ready hoke aata hoon.
Priya nodded.

Ram went to get ready. When he came out freshly showered Priya was not in the room. He quickly packed his toiletries and saw it was 5:40am. They had to start for the airport at 6:30-6:40 at least.
Priya entered the room. Ram looked at her and stood completely rooted there. She looked mesmerizing in a deep red colored salwar suit, with her Mangalsutra adorning her neck. And above everything the pinch of sindoor stole Ram's heart away. He didn't see her wearing it all these days. But that day she did. His sparkling eyes were fixed on her, adoring her beauty.
Priya just stood there looking at him then her eyes went to the clock and she snapped her fingers in front of his eyes.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor!
Ram(coming out of his la la land): Ha ha ha....
He twirled once not knowing what to do or say. Priya hit her forehead with her palm then went to wake Pihu up.
Priya: Pihu baby wake up. Good morning.
Ram(muttering in his breath): Yeh morning nahi aadhi raat hai Pihu ke liye.
Priya(shaking her): Pihu baby! Wake up. Dekho hume ghar jana hai na...ready hona hai. Breakfast bhi toh karna hai. Chalo chalo wake up.
Pihu(whining, eyes still close): No.
Priya looked at Ram who sat beside Pihu.
Priya: Pihu we're going to be late if you don't wake up now. Everyone is waiting for you. Look your Papa is fully ready. Wake up sweetheart please!
Pihu finally opened her eyes. Priya helped her sit up. Pihu hugged Priya tightly.
Priya: Good morning baby.
Pihu(very sadly): Good morning.
Priya(caressing her back): It's okay sweetheart. We all are here with you. It's okay.
Then suddenly she started crying. Ram felt sharp pain in his heart listening to her. He understood that it must've happened numerous times before as they had to change houses frequently. He saw Priya struggling to control her own tears while calming Pihu down. He understood this is why Priya needed his help to handle Pihu. He felt immense guilt realizing that she had to do everything alone all these years.
Pihu suddenly turned to him and Pihu(forwarding her arms to him): Papa!
Ram immediately embraced her in his arms and started rocking her while patting her head. She started crying her heart out.
Ram(with tears in his eyes): It's okay Princess. I'm here now. I'm here. And I'll always be with you both. Trust me. Don't take stress. (Kissing the side of her head) I can understand that you're feeling sad and it's okay to feel like this. It's okay. Everything will be fine. Look your mumma and I both are here with you. Don't worry.
Pihu's cries decreased little. Ram pulled out a tissue from his pocket and started wiping her tears.
Ram: Princess we'll go home today. Kitna maza aayega hum sab saath saath flight mein jayenge. Then we'll go home together. You'll meet Sara Maasi, Vikrant Chachu, Kunal Chachu, Ish....Ishaan bhaiya...everyone. They'll wait for us. Haina?
Pihu(finally stopping): Hmm...
Ram: Okay. Then aaj mumma ke saath or Papa ke saath brush karna hai.
Pihu(sadly): Both.
Ram: Okay both.
He signalled Priya to join them and went to the washroom.
Ram made her look at herself in the mirror.
Ram: Ab dekho your nose is all red because of crying.
Pihu: Ohoo! Meri nose toh joker ki tarah red hogaya. Ab kya hoga?
She looked at her Papa feeling very very concerned about her nose.
Ram: Thik ho jayega pehla jaisa kuch der mein. Aur nahi bhi hua toh koi baat nahi my daughter always looks pretty toh yeh red nose kya karega!
Pihu giggled softly. Priya handed her the toothbrush and Pihu started brushing her teeth. Priya then looked at Ram and gave him a wide smile to which he smiled back at her.