21. The Chaotic Duo

It was 7:30 in the morning when Ram and Brinda came back from a walk by the beach. They saw Priya and Krish chatting in the lawn. Ram and Priya both smiled at each other. Ram and Brinda also sat there.
Brinda: Pihu uthi nahi abhi tak?
Priya: No she wakes up at 8-8:30.
Ram: Sandy hai na uske saath?
Priya: Haan woh bhi nahi uthi hai.
Krish: Ram don't be disheartened if Pihu ignores you after waking up.
Ram: What?
Krish(laughing): The only person she cares about after waking up is Priya. Baki sab bhar mein jaye she doesn't care.
Ram looked at Priya.
Priya: Yeah she's very clingy and moody in the morning. It takes like 30-40 mins for her to get back to her usual self. It's funny.
Brinda: Oh! That's why she was not talking to me after waking up.
Ram pouted.
Krish: She hates it if I try to hold her after waking up.
Ram chuckled.
Suddenly,
Ram: Oh no! Pihu doesn't know that I placed her in your room. Uth ke dekhegi toh gussa ho jayegi ke waha kyun hai. I should go.
Ram literally ran inside.
Priya was smiling widely at his concern.

Ram went upstairs and saw that the door was open. He went inside and saw Sandy and Pihu sleeping peacefully.
He smiled gleefully then carried Pihu in his arms and went to his room.
He placed a sleeping Pihu softly on the bed and sat beside her. He was adoring her sleeping form.
"I can look at her all day. So pretty she is!", he thought.
There was a light knock on the door.
Priya entered.
Ram gestured her to sit beside him. Priya sat there. Both were looking at their lovely daughter with a bright smile.
Priya(voice down): Did she kick you last night?
Ram(voice down): No no. Even I slept like a log.
Priya nodded.
Ram: I expected her to wake up and cry. But she didn't.
Priya: Told you. Sandy Sara di tried to make her sleep with them before but she denied everytime. It's only you.
Ram's famous goofy smile adorned his face.
Ram: Waise I wanted to talk to you today if you want. Maybe we can go somewhere. And with Pihu of course it's not possible.
Priya thought for a moment.
Priya: Krish and others can take her out for today. She'll be okay.
Ram: Sure?
Priya: Absolutely. I'll tell him then.
Ram nodded with a smile.
Priya watched the clock.
Priya: Okay time to wake her up.
Ram: Priya she's sleeping so peacefully. How do you wake her up?
Priya: I know it's hard. I think with time and practice I stopped feeling guilty as when she oversleeps usse raat ko neend nahi aati. And her sleep cycle gets disrupted.
Ram sighed.
Priya then started caressing Pihu's hair softly.
Priya: Pihu baby! Good morning! It's time to wake up.
Pihu didn't buzz a bit. She was still sleeping peacefully.
Priya(shook her a little): Pihu baby wake up.
Ram: This is not good. Let her sleep Priya.
Priya: What if she had school right now? Mr. Kapoor aise nahi hota. I know you're having problem with this but with time you'd have to be okay with this.
Ram nodded reluctantly.
Pihu stirred a little then rolled over and started sleeping again.
Ram chuckled.
Priya(again shook her a little): Pihu! Baby wake up.
Pihu: Mmmmm...
Priya: Wake up it's already past 8 sweetheart.
Pihu rolled over and held Ram's hand.
Ram(whispered smirking): Looks like it's not only you she wants in the morning.
Priya(smirking): Haha! Let's see.
Priya shook her again.
Pihu: Ehhh...nooo....
Priya: Pihuu!
Pihu: Mummaaa! Nooo!
A gentle smile came on Priya's face. She composed herself but Ram was quick to notice that. His heart ached.
Priya: Pihu baby please. Don't be like this. Wake up. Dekho how beautiful the weather is outside. Birds are chirping kab se and you are still sleeping.
Pihu started rubbing her eyes while whining.
Priya: It's a new day, new adventures! Wake up wake up.
Finally Pihu opened her eyes and saw her mumma and RK looking at her.
She stretched her arms yawning heavily. Then forwarded her arms to Priya who happily took her into her arms and kissed her cheek deeply.
Pihu: Good morning.
Priya: Morning baby. Look RK is here.
Pihu looked at Ram.
Pihu: Good morning!
Ram: Morning cupcake.
Pihu turned and hugged Priya tightly placing her head on her shoulder.
Priya: Did you sleep well?
Pihu: Yup.
Then it hit Pihu and she looked at Priya's face.
Pihu: Did you miss me?
Priya held her hand and placed a kiss. She couldn't hold her tears.
Priya: Of course I missed you. How can I not sweetheart? But it's okay. You should make your own choices. I'm fine. Your happiness is all that matters.
Pihu(teary-eyed): I'm sorry Mumma! Please don't cry.
Ram passed a tissue to Priya teary-eyed. She wiped her tears quickly and smiled at her looking into her eyes.
Priya: I'm not sad. Sach mein. I'm happy that you slept here with Mr. Kapoor. Yes I missed you but it's okay. You wanted to be with him and it's okay. You don't need to be sad. Okay?
Pihu nodded with a smile.
Priya: Now give me a kissie.
Pihu kissed both her cheeks deeply.
Priya: Thank you.
Pihu again hugged her wrapping her arms around Priya's neck.
Priya gave a "It's Okay. Don't feel guilty" smile to Ram.
Ram was just looking at both feeling all sorts of emotions inside him.
After some moments,
Ram: Cupcake baby I also want a hug.
Pihu looked at him once. Then went to give him a hug.
Ram hugged her tightly, smiling cheekily. Priya was dumbfounded and Ram was smirking. Priya felt a tinge of jealousy as she thought it was just for her. She started sulking. Ram showed her a victory smile to which she first tried to look irritated then started laughing.
Pihu broke the hug and again went to her mother's arms.
Priya: Okay. Let's go and brush your teeth.
Pihu: Okay.
Pihu waved at Ram who waved back smiling. They both went out of the room leaving a smiling Ram.