52. I'll Always Be By Your Side- Part 1

Next morning Priya's sleep suddenly broke. She opened her eyes and sat up. She felt extremely happy as the government deal Ram wanted, was going to be signed that day.  She turned her gaze to the other side and saw Ram and Pihu sleeping peacefully. A beautiful smile came onto her lips. From silently celebrating Ram's success to now being able to be happy with him- there was a big change. She felt really really happy for him. She knew how much Ram wanted this deal as it would help Kapoor Urbans reach new heights.

She caressed both Ram and Pihu's hair and went to do her morning chores. After that she went down to the kitchen with a plan to make Ram's favourite breakfast to wish him luck.

Ram also woke up and when he didn't see Priya on her side, he started panicking thinking of she had a panic attack. He stood up with a jerk and checked the washroom and balcony first but she's not there. So he went downstairs. Tarun saw him all worked up and understood that he was searching for Priya.
Tarun: Sir Priya Bhabhi kitchen mein hain.
Ram just nodded and ran towards the kitchen.
Ram: Priya?
Priya was doing the preparations for  making Kheer with utmost care. She turned towards him listening to the worry in his voice.
Priya: Haan? Kya hua? Kuch hua hai?
Ram went close to her and checked her face properly trying to find if there's a slight discomfort.
Ram: Tum thik ho na?
Priya(frowning): Haan bilkul thik hoon. Kyun? Aap thik hai na?
She saw him sweating profusely so she held his hand and made him sit on the counter.
Ram: Nahi tum itni jaldi uth gayi aur tum room mein nahi thi...toh...toh...mujhe laga...
Priya: Ke mujhe panic attack aaya hai. Hai na?
Ram nodded and looked downwards sadly.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor main bilkul thik hoon. I had a good sleep. Aap kyun itna tension le rahe hain?
She took a tissue and started wiping the sweat beads that formed on his forehead.
Ram(almost inaudibly): Main darr gaya tha.
Priya looked at him sadly and kept her hand over his. Ram looked up seeing her doing that.
Priya: I'm okay. Itna stress lenge toh aapki tabiyat kharab ho jayegi.
She poured some water in a glass and passed that to him. He drank some of it and let out a sigh.
Priya: Be happy. Aaj itna bada din hai. Itni badi deal sign hone wali hai.
Ram: Tumhe yaad hai?
Priya: Haan bilkul. Mujhe sab yaad rehta hai. Bohot smart hoon main.
Ram chuckled listening to her self-praising. He felt very very happy that Priya remembered also she's making Kheer for him. He loved it when Priya did things like this for him. She made him feel very special with her simple yet heartfelt actions.
Ram: Umm...Priya?
Priya: Hm?
Ram: Tum...chalogi aaj? Umm...office?
Priya looked at him with a frown.
Priya: Main? Main jaake kya karungi Mr. Kapoor?

Her expression told Ram that she's not very comfortable with it. He knew that Priya feared how people would talk, would judge her. That was her workplace also. It would be hard, very hard for her. Maybe it was not a good decision to ask her to be there with him today.
Ram nodded with a small smile so that Priya doesn't feel bad.
Ram: Haan woh bhi hai.

Priya nodded. But she knew that she made him sad. It was a big day for him and maybe he wanted her to be by his side. But to even think of going there made Priya uncomfortable. People would stare, they would make bad comments. Everyone knew that she was in jail for 2 years. Nothing would be the same. And that scared her to no end.

She shook her head slightly to shake off those thoughts off her mind and smiled at Ram.
Priya: Aap jaiye Pihu ko utha dije. It's almost 8. Aur jaldi aaiye breakfast ke liye dono main Kheer bana rahi hoon.
Ram's eyes started sparkling from the moment he heard "Kheer".
Ram(smiling like a 5 year old): Kheer?
Priya: Haan. Jaldi aaiye dono aur mil kar bathroom ko waterpark mat banaiyega. Aapko office bhi jaana hai.
Ram: Okay okay. Main abhi gaya aur Pihu ko leke abhi aaya!
Ram was about to go when he looked back at Priya and kept staring at her. She had her hair tied in loose bun, some of her hair strands were falling on her face. She looked heavenly beautiful. That subtle pink color of her lip balm just made her lips look very soft.
Priya: Mere face pe kuch hai kya?
Priya's soft voice brought Ram out of his dreamland.
Ram: Haan?
Priya: Mere face pe kuch hai?
Ram: Na...nahi. (gesturing to her hair) Yeh...tumhare baal bade acche lagg...lagg rahe hain. You're looking beautiful Priya....thi...thik hai main...chalta hoon.
He turned towards the door again and almost ran out of the kitchen while Priya just stood there blushing, caressing her hair.