11. Pihu's First Flight

Ram, Priya, Pihu and Brinda entered the airport. They went to a different area where their IDs were checked and luggage were scanned as they were to board a Private Jet. The procedures went smoothly.
As they arrived a little early, Ram suggested to roam around a little to give Pihu a little glimpse of the airport.
Priya whispered in Ram's ear.
Priya: Do whatever you want just keep her away from the food court area. What if she throws up during flying! She can get sick.
Ram nodded at her.

As they were passing a bakery inside the Airport, Pihu whined lightly.
Pihu: I want cupcakes.
Ram: No baby. Abhi nahi kha sakte. You can eat cupcakes when you reach Goa.
Pihu: But I want now.
Ram: Look cupcake flight mein na tummy full karke nahi jate what if you feel like doing ulti! You'll fall sick na! So you'll not be able to enjoy your adventure.
So abhi mat khao, you can have cupcakes in Goa.
Pihu: Ulti! Sick! No no no. Ek second! Mujhe stress ho raha hai. Ms. Sood meri medicine kaha hai?
Ram controlled his laugh.
Priya pulled out the white bottle and gave it to her.
Brinda: Ha? What medicine?
Pihu took 4 peppermint tablets in her hand. She popped one and passed others. Everyone took one each from her hand.
Brinda looked very confused.
Brinda: Yeh toh...
Priya(glaring a little): Medicine hai Brinda.
Pihu: Jaan I have to take this medicine. Nahi toh fever, cough, acidity, stress sab ek saath ho jata hai.
Brinda couldn't control herself. She started laughing.
Pihu looked at her annoyed.
Pihu: Jaan why are you laughing?
Ram was glaring at Brinda who quickly composed herself.
Brinda: Woh na sweetheart mujhe ek joke yaad aaya. That's why I laughed.
Pihu: Ohh! Mujhe bhi joke sunna hai.
Brinda: Okay! Toh bolo 'What kind of tree can fit in one hand'?
Pihu started thinking while looking at her hand streching it. Ram and Priya both were puzzled not knowing the answer.
Brinda: Tum dono ko pata hai?
Ram and Priya both answered 'no'.
Sometimes later, Pihu started laughing,
Pihu: A palm tree. Haina?
Brinda: Wow! Pihu baby you're more intelligent than your mumma and p....RK.
Priya and Ram both looked tensed.

Ram handed Pihu to Priya and took Brinda away from them to talk privately.
Ram: Brinda! What are you doing yaar!
Brinda: Sorry sorry! Abhi garbad ho jati.
Ram: I can't take any risk now. She'll not talk to me forever. I'm not prepared also. I'll have to sit and think ke Pihu ko batau kaise! Please don't fuck it up!
Brinda: I'm so sorry. I'll be careful I promise. Kuch nahi hoga jaan. She'll accept you wholeheartedly Sandy ne kaha na kal.
Ram nodded and they again went back to Pihu and Priya.
Ram: Okay it's time. Come.

They went outside, a car picked them up and drove them towards their flight.
Pihu(excitedly): Wow! The airplanes are so pretty. So big!
All looked at her wonder in awe.
Finally they reached in front of a midsized jet and got out of the car.
Ram: So cupcake! How's it?
Pihu(with twinkling eyes): Very beautiful.
Ram: It is indeed. Okay let's go inside.
They all went inside the aircraft using the steps. A air hostess greeted them with a smile.

They all sat in their respective seats. Pihu sat in between Ram and Priya. Brinda sat on the other side.
Sometimes later, the air hostess started giving the mandatory instructions. After that the pilot came and greeted them and gave his speech.
Pihu listened to everything patiently.
Then Ram fastened Pihu's seatbelt securely.
Ram: This is how you do it.
Pihu: Ohh! But it's tough.
Ram: That's why I'm here to help you. Always.
Pihu: Thank you.
Ram kissed her forehead lovingly.
Pihu smiled widely at him.
Ram, Priya and Brinda also fasten their seatbelt.
The announcement was heard that the flight was going to take off in sometime.
Pihu clapped her hands in excitement.
Pihu: Ms. Sood it's so much fun na? We will fly in the sky.
Priya: Yes Baby. And we'll also watch the sunrise. You'll notice in sometime how the sky changes colors when the sun rises from the east.
Pihu: Ohhh! Like that one when we went to see the mountains with Krish?
Priya: Yes. But you can have a better view from up in the sky.
Pihu giggled.
Ram was smiling throughout listening to the mumma-baby conversation.