92. Something Deeply Personal

Ram kept caressing Priya's hair while she slept like a baby. She cried her eyes out and then fell asleep in his arms. 

Ram felt a weird sensation throughout his body, every cell of which flared up in anger. Although he didn't know what exactly happened, he was absolutely sure that it was too traumatizing for Priya to even utter a word about it right now. 

But he needed to know what exactly happened and that too, right now. 

He gently carried a sleepy Priya in his arms, careful enough to not break her sleep and went to their room. He then placed her beside Pihu and placed her hand over Pihu so that her warmth keeps her feel safe. Caressing both their heads, he stood and walked towards the door. Before walking away, he glanced inside the room. Both his girls were sleeping peacefully. They were safe and sound. But his chest hurt as the weight of immense guilt pressed itself over his heart. He knew that he failed to be a good husband and a good father and he was the one answerable to everything that happened with them. So with tears brimming in his eyes, he closed the door of the bedroom and went to his study. 

. . . . . . . . . 

Sitting on his chair, Ram felt agitated. He was crying his heart out for the last 30 minutes now. It pained to see his Priya like that and it felt worse to know that he could've protected her then. 

He finally calmed his senses a little and drank some water and then decided to face the situation. It was almost 3 at night but he still made a call to Krish. He didn't care if Krish insulted the hell out of him, he just needed to know what happened to his Priya and his baby Pihu. 

Krish: Hello.

Krish's voice sounded sleepy. Ram cleared his throat. 

Ram: Krish can we talk now? It's important. 

Krish: Ram is everything alright? Priya aur Pihu thik hai na? 

Ram: Haan Krish sab thik hai. Umm...mujhe kuch baat karni hai tumse. I know raat ke 3 bajj rahe hain, I know tum so rahe the...but I need to know this. 

Krish sat up cautiously as Ram sounded angry. 

Krish: Haan bolo. 

Ram: Priya ke peeth pe chott lagi thi. Yeh baat tumhe pata hai?

Krish frowned on the other side of the phone. He thought that Priya had already told Ram about that but from his tone, it didn't seem like that. 

Krish: Haan. Main gaya tha wahan. Pata hai mujhe. 

Ram(screaming at the top of his lungs): THEN WHY THE FUCK YOU DIDN'T INFORM ME KRISH?

Krish felt like his phone was going to burst because of how loudly Ram screamed. 

Ram stood up on his feet, his whole body shaking in anger. He just couldn't believe that Krish never felt that it was important to inform him that his wife was getting tortured in jail. 

Krish(angrily): Ram awaaz niche! Haan Priya tumhari wife hai par tum yeh batao mujhe...kitni baar milne gaye the tum usko jail mein? Woh thik hai ke nahi hai kabhi janna chaha? Uska kya hua...uske bachhe ka kya hua...kabhi janna chaha? Paanch saal kabhi try bhi kiya yeh janne ka ke woh dono thik hai bhi ke nahi?....nahi na...then don't you dare raise your voice at me. 

Ram closed his eyes, getting a grip on himself. It was true that he never tried to care enough about Priya's well-being or the baby's. Krish was the one who took care of them, so it was not okay to behave like that with him at least. 

Ram(trying to sound calm): Tumhe pata tha Krish still you didn't feel that it was important to tell me?

Krish: Kis bharose se tumhe batata main? Utne maheeno mein ek baar bhi tumne kabhi Priya ke baare mein khabar nahi liya. How would I know that you even cared for her? Haan? Tumhe batata aur Priya ki jaan ko aur khatre mein dalta? Maano maine tumhe bataya...aur tumhara attitude waise ka waisa hi raha ke you don't want anything to do with her aur isse Nandini Kapoor ne kuch aur bhayanak karne ki koshish ki toh? Koi guarantee thi mere paas ke tum Priya ko safeguard karte? Jo insaan ek pregnant aurat ko aise jail mein chorhke chale jaata hai...woh zinda hai bhi ya nahi khabar bhi nahi leta...usse kya hi expect karoon main?