22. Mutual Decision

Priya was waiting for Ram to come outside. Ram came and locked the main door of the villa.
Then he went to Priya.
Ram: Chalein?
Priya nodded.
They went outside through the main gate. A car was waiting for them. The driver handed the keys to Ram. Ram opened the door for Priya. He kept his hand over her head so that she doesn't get hurt. After making sure she's comfortable, he went and sat on his seat.
Ram started driving.

Ram saw Priya looking outside the window with sombre expression. Both were remembering their car rides, their nok-jhoks, their hand-holds, their togetherness.

Both were silent as they didn't know what to say, how to say, when to say anything.

Priya looked at Ram and saw his face was completely blank.
"I've seen him angry, crying, sad, frustrated but this blank face is scaring me more than anything else. And I'm the reason behind this. That man who was jolly, always smiling, goofy, cute is now expressionless because of me.", Priya thought.

Not able to tolerate the silence anymore Priya turned on the sound system and pressed on whatever song was playing before.
"Channa Mereya- unplugged" started playing.

"Hmm.. Mehfil mein teri
Hum naa rahein jo
Gham toh nahi hai x2
Qisse humaari nazdeeqiyon ke
Kam toh nahi hai x2
Kitni dafaa, subah ko meri
Tere aangan mein baithe
Maine shaam kiya
Channa mereya mereya x2
Channa mereya mereya Beliya
O piya..."

Tears started trickling down Priya's eyes. Ram saw that, pulled out a tissue and gave it to her. Priya took it and started wiping her tears.

Ram took a deep breath and chose the next song. The sad piano tune of "Hamari Adhuri Kahani" filled the car.

"Paas aaye
Dooriyaan phir bhi kam naa hui
Ek adhuri si hamari kahani rahi
Aasmaan ko zameen, ye zaroori nahi
Jaa mile... jaa mile
Ishq saccha wahi
Jisko milti nahi manzilein... manzilein

Rang thhe, noor tha
Jab kareeb tu tha
Ek jannat sa tha, yeh jahaan
Waqt ki ret pe kuch mere naam sa
Likh ke chhod gaya tu kahaan

Hamari adhuri kahani
Hamari adhuri kahani"

Ram's blank face now was full of sadness. He was remembering how they got separated in jail, how his happiness of becoming a papa went down the drain, how empty he still felt without Shivi.

The car windows were open as cold air was blowing. After sometime, raindrops started falling. A subtle smile came onto Priya's face and she immediately looked towards Ram who was closing the window with a mixed expression of annoyance, irritation and hurt.
Priya's heart sank. She started feeling numb. Her face became blank. It started pouring heavily. Priya looked at the raindrops falling from the sky, touching the ground flatly. She closed the car window as the sadness of Ram was overwhelming her.
The earthy smell of rain started clouding her mind. That smell began to suffocate her as the man beside her, her husband who loved the rain, loved to get drenched in the rain, loved it's chatter-patter sound, loved that earthy smell, now didn't even like it. He closed the window so that the raindrops doesn't touch him.
These 2 days he only tried to save them from his so-called family, he was busy in all that so she couldn't observe these changes in him but now that they were alone going somewhere she could feel the hurt, the emptiness, the excruciating pain he's feeling. His sunshine like aura was replaced by an arid atmosphere.

Teary-eyed Priya played "Chaandaniya" from 2 states.

"Tujh bin suraj mein aag nahi re
Tujh bin koyal mein raag nahi re
Chaandaniya to barse
Phir kyun mere haath andhere lagde ne
Haa tujh bin phaagun mein phaag nahi re
Haa tujh bin jaage bhi jaag nahi re
Tere bina.. o mahiya
Din dariya, rain jazeere lagde ne
Adhoori adhoori adhoori kahaani, adhoora alvida
Yunhi yunhi raina jaaye adhoore sadaa"

Little Hearts❤❤❤जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें