23. Sharing Is Caring

Ram was driving the car while Priya was looking outside. Both had a small smile on their lips while "Phir Le Aaya Dil" was playing on the music system. Priya looked at Ram once. She could feel the change of mood in him...maybe he was not his chirpy self but at least he was not excruciatingly sad like before. That made her believe that she made the right choice this time.
The song ended. So it was Priya's turn to choose a song. She thought for a moment, then played "Humdard" from Ek Villain.

"Pal, do pal, ki hi kyun hai zindagi
Iss, pyar, ko hai sadiyaan kaafi nahi
Toh khuda se maang lun
Mohalat main ik nayi
Rehna hai bas yahaan
Ab door tujhse jaana nahi
Jo tu mera humdard hai x2
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai

They looked at each other with the smile of new beginnings, hope and promises.

Teri muskurahatein hain taaqat meri
Mujhko inhi se ummeed mili
Chaahe kare koi sitam ye jahaan
Inme hi hai sadaa hifaazat meri
Zindagani badi khoobsurat hui
Jannat ab aur kya hogi kahin
Jo tu mera Humdard hai x2
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera Humdard hai

Teri dhadkano se hai zindagi meri
Khwahishein teri ab duaaein meri
Kitna anokha bandhan hai ye
Teri meri jaan jo ek hui
Lotunga yahaan tere paas main haan
Waada hai mera mar bhi jaaun kahin
Jo tu mera humdard hai x2
Suhaana har dard hai
Jo tu mera humdard hai
Hmmm.. humdard hai"

Ram looked at Priya's hand and after a lot of thinking, placed his hand over her hand. Priya looked at him, a shy smile adorned her face just like it used to did, 5 years ago. She placed her hand over his which gave him the assurance that maybe he was just overthinking before holding her hand. He felt like nothing really changed about their love for each other. Their hand-holds still comforted him, her smile still gave him butterflies in stomach, her presence still gave him solace. Just like before.

Ram suddenly stopped the car. Priya looked at him, a little confused. Ram gestured her to look outside. And there was a bakery.
Priya(smiling): Cupcakes for your Cupcake?
Ram(gleefully): Yup. Let's go.
They both got out of the car and entered the bakery.
Just the moment they entered the bakery the sweet scent of cakes and pastries started wrapping Ram in it's warmth.
Ram(giving his childlike smile): Ahhh! Kya khusboo aa rahi hai Cakes aur Cookies ki. Dil khush ho gaya. Priya! Why are you standing there? Come come let's select what we want.
Priya was looking at her 44 year old husband smiling and getting excited for cupcakes and her heart swelled in happiness. She went to Ram who is looking at the cakes and pastries counter with wonder in his eyes. She was just admiring his cute childlike glee and remembering how Pihu looked exactly like him when she looked at cupcakes.
Ram: So we're nine people and 2 house help stuffs. Eleven in total. What do you think Priya?
Priya: Not my department Mr. Kapoor. Choose whatever you want.
Ram: What flavors does Pihu likes?
Priya: Umm...everything you like actually.
Ram chuckled merrily.
Ram to the Shopkeeper: Okay please pack 15 red velvet cupcakes, 15 chocolate cupcakes, 15 lemon raspberry cupcakes, 1 double chocochip cupcake, 2 Lucky Charm cupcake cause I need it today. Ummm...Priya do you want brownies?
Priya: No...but why are you not buying the whole shop?
Ram(innocently): Chahta toh woh hi hoon par tum daantogi.
Priya couldn't help herself and started laughing. Ram also joined her.
After paying for the Cupcakes, they again settled in the car and drove towards home.

It was 1:30pm when they reached home. Pihu and others haven't come back yet.
Ram and Priya entered the living room and Ram's phone rang. It was a call from office.
Priya: It's okay. Take the call.
Ram nodded and received the call.
Priya went upstairs in her room.