87. Chandni Raat Badi Der Ke Baad Aayi Hai

Giving Ram a small smile, Priya excused herself and went to the washroom. There was a warm, fuzzy feeling bubbling up in her tummy. And the reason for it was her dear husband who just asked her out on their first official date.

"Funny hai yeh pata hai. Paanch saal shaadi aur ek bachha hone ke baad pehli baar hum date pe jaa rahe hain. Ajeeb hai yeh bhi pata hai. Par kya hi karein sach toh yeh hi hai. Saath hain hum dono yeh bhi kabhi kabhi sapne jaisa lagta hai...toh yeh date-shate toh aur bhi samajh se bahaar", Priya thought wiping her smeared Kajal from her eyes with a shy smile.

Priya(softly): Tch. Kajal poora kharab hua gaya hai ro ro ke. Aur yeh kuch bolte bhi nahi. Poore muh pe kajal lapetke jaun toh bhi bolenge khoobsurat lagg rahi ho.

Shaking her head with a soft chuckle, she put her bindi on the mirror and then washed her face. After applying some moisturizer, she began lining her eyes with the kajal pencil that she usually carried for no reason at all but today it saved the day.

She detangled her hair, deliberately keeping a few strands of hair at the front, craving Ram's touch on them. Placing her bindi on her forehead perfectly, she finally applied her pink lip gloss and looked at herself in the mirror.

"Motherhood looks beautiful on you", she remembered him saying and smiled with a beautiful blush adorning her cheeks. He might lie but his eyes told her that he meant every word he uttered from the bottom of his heart. He did still feel that she looked beautiful and she wanted to believe that.

Checking the pin of her dupatta once, she held the handle of the bathroom but with a frown she again looked at herself in the mirror. She was smiling. No no...she was literally grinning.

"Priya! Itna kyun hass rahi hai! Ajeeb lagg rahi hai! Chup! Date hi hai ek! Woh bhi Mr. Kapoor ke saath! Thoda normal behave kar", Priya thought, trying to push her cheeks inside to control her bashful smile. Her heart beat grew faster as the anticipation of meeting Ram's eyes outside the door created havoc inside her.

But as she stepped out of the washroom, she found Ram nowhere in the room.

Priya: Ab yeh kahan gaye! Mr. Kapoor!

. . . . . . . .

Ram was waiting for Priya near the staircase. He wanted to be there when she came down the stairs looking absolutely angelic in that yellow suit. His blush grew deeper thinking about how Priya said yes to go on a date with him. He couldn't wait for the impromptu date he planned for them, hoping for Priya to enjoy it with him.

He was busy in his own thoughts when he heard Priya's voice and a few seconds later he heard her footsteps.

And there she was. His wife. The mother of his child. Looking absolutely gorgeous as she began to come down the stairs. Her flushed cheeks made her look even more beautiful. The teeny tiny jhumkas in her ear made a tinkling sound that sounded like music to his ears. And that blushful smile that adorned her lips made his heart flutter like a little butterfly.

All the training Priya gave herself coming down the stairs for maintaining a composed expression went down the drain as soon as her eyes met her favourite ones. The sparkle of his blue-blue-green-green eyes made her heart skip a few beats and she couldn't help but give him a toothy smile.

Walking towards the end of the stairs, Ram held out his hand for her. Priya bit her lower lip to control her smile and failing miserably, she placed her hand in his. And her blush deepened as Ram put a soft kiss on her knuckles.

Ram(grinning): Tum pehle bhi itni hi khoobsurat thi ya...waqt ne kiya koi haseen sitam?

Priya pursed her lips nervously. Her heart wasn't ready for all this. They literally didn't leave the house yet and she didn't know how her poor heart would handle a whole date if her husband keeps saying these kinds of things.