74. Pihu's Family

Ram turned his head towards the direction from where the voice came and he was shocked to see Maitri there. Neeraj was also standing beside her. What Ram's eyes couldn't miss was Maitri's baby bump... which was quite huge by then.

Ram knew that Maitri was pregnant. He had seen her on Sara Vikrant's Engagement but at that time he was too nonchalant about it. Nothing happening around him mattered at that point of time. But now that things has changed, seeing her infront him felt completely different. She made him think about his Priya when she was pregnant.

How did Priya look being pregnant? Was she happy even for a day? Did she have that pregnancy glow that people talk about? Did she used to talk to Pihu when she was inside her? How did she felt when she experienced Pihu's first kick?.....all these questions flooded Ram's mind but sadly, he couldn't ask her anything as she didn't want to talk about it.

Not wanting to display his uncomfortable feelings, he took a deep breath and walked towards them. Sandy also followed him.

Ram: Maitri tu yahan?

Maitri: Pri di kaisi hai Jiju?

Ram: Priya better hai ab.

Sandy: Aapko kisne bataya?

Maitri: Maine Sara di ko call kiya tha. Pihu ro rahi thi piche toh aise mujhe pata chala. Kaise hua yeh sab?

Ram(showing her the sofa): Tu baith pehle.

Maitri nodded and they all walked towards the sofa and Maitri sat down, holding her bump. Ram noticed how difficult it was for her to move freely.

"Priya ko bhi aisa hua hoga", Ram thought to himself.

Maitri kept staring at Ram for an explanation which brought Ram out of his train of thoughts.

Ram began to tell her what happened to Priya. Maitri's eyes kept widening as she heard about everything.

Maitri: Main jaa sakti hoon?

Ram(with a nod): Haan par Priya toh so rahi hai.

Maitri: It's okay. Main bass dekh kar aa jayungi.

Ram nodded and saw Maitri holding Neeraj's hand for support and stand up. He blinked back his tears thinking how Priya would have needed him for all those things but he wasn't there to help her. His guilt started to pile up even more.

Sandy offered her hand and took Maitri inside the cabin. Neeraj was about to enter when Ram stopped him by keeping his hand on his shoulder. Neeraj turned to face him and saw Ram glaring at him.

Ram(with a cold tone): Stay right here. Andar jaane ka sochna bhi mat.

Neeraj shrugged showing his indifference and went to sit on the sofa. Ram looked at him for some seconds and couldn't help but feel jealous of him. He was living those moments of his life which Ram wanted to live.

Not wasting another second on Neeraj, Ram went inside to join Sandy and Maitri. Maitri sat on the stool beside Priya and held her hand softly. A set of tears escaped her eyes.

Priya's relationship with all her sisters have always been very close. They always had each other's back until Maitri chose to marry Neeraj when he was dating Priya. He cheated on Priya with her own Sister and they both broke her heart, together. There were bitter feelings obviously, but Priya never blamed her or behaved rudely with her. Her problem was with Neeraj, always. Priya had always fulfilled every duty as an elder sister even though Maitri a lot of times got on her nerves. She knew that she had to keep her family together so she never complained.

Over the years, Maitri understood how wrong she was to hurt her Sister's feelings. But when everything started to fall in place after Priya's marriage with Ram, one day everything shattered and Priya almost vanished from their lives completely. And that incident made them all value the present. There were so many unfinished conversation, so many unspoken apologies that deserved to be completed but none of that happened untill Maitri met Priya and Pihu when they came back to Mumbai for Sara's engagement. It gave them all a chance to rekindle their relationship.