79. Just Showing Up Matters

The next day, Priya got discharged from the hospital.

Letting out a sigh of relief, Priya sat in the car with Ram just beside her and Pihu, sitting on Ram's lap. After giving a smile, Tarun began driving towards home.

It was a bright sunny day. "Baadalon Mein Ghar" playing on the stereo of the car. Pressing her nose on the car window, Pihu looked outside with pure wonder in her eyes. They were passing by the Marine Drive and Pihu couldn't get enough of the beauty of it.

Pihu: Wow! So pretty!

Ram: Haina? Hum aayenge yahan ghumne.

Pihu: Sachhi?

Ram nodded with a smile and turned towards Priya who was smiling, seeing her daughter's excitement. The rest of the journey the trio spent playing Stone-Paper-Scissor.

Soon they reached home and the moment they entered Pawan and Punnu showered them with confetti. The whole living room was decorated with red and pink roses. There was a glittery "welcome home" banner hanging on the wall.

Priya looked at Ram with a small smile who was already looking at her, waiting for her reaction.

Ram: Achha laga tumhe?

Priya: Bohot khoobsurat hai. Thank you. (Turning towards Pawan and Punnu) Thank you. Tum log bhi na...kya zaroorat thi inn sab ki.

While Priya felt that those decorations weren't needed, Pihu was beyond happy. Out of happiness, she began to play with the small papers and foam balls. Tarun joined her.

Ram(softly): Isliye zaroorat thi. Dekho kitni khush hai.

Priya saw Ram softly staring at their daughter and smiled.

Telling Pihu to play with Tarun, Ram decided to take Priya upstairs because she needed to rest as per the doctor's instructions. Ram held out his hand for Priya.

Ram: Priya chalo. Tumhe rest ki zaroorat hai.

With a sigh, Priya held his hand.

Priya: Main khud chal sakti hoon.

Ram: Pata hai mujhe but I still want to help. Chalo.

Holding her hand, Ram took Priya to their room. He then began to organise the pillows for Priya to sit properly on the bed.

Priya: Mr. Kapoor rehne dije. Mujhe abhi baithna bhi nahi hai. Shower lene jaa rahi hoon main. Hospital se pehnke aayi hoon yeh kapde. Aap bhi mat baithn aur dekhiyega Pihu bhi na uthe.

Ram: Oh...thik hai. Thik hai.

Ram looked around the whole room once and then stopped Priya.

Ram: Ek second...tum 5 minute do mujhe.

Priya nodded with a smile and sat on the sofa.

Ram entered the bathroom and at first filled the bathtub with warm water for a bubble bath. He added body wash, epsom salt, essential oils and olive oil in the water. After he got done with his work, he came out of the washroom and walked towards Priya.

Ram: Ab jaa sakti ho. Maine bathtub ready kar diya.

Priya(frowning): Haan? Kyun?

Ram: Tumhare liye. Paani garam hai tumhe achha lagega.

Priya rubbed her forehead as her husband just couldn't understand how much water he was wasting.

Priya: Aap kyun karte hain yeh sab? Kitna paani waste hoga. Koi zaroorat nahi hai. Main bass ek hot shower le leti.