35. The Much Needed Confrontation

It was 6:30am when Priya opened her eyes with a small smile. She had a good sleep after she shared a hug with Ram last night. His warmth soothed her mind in a way that she could still feel that effect in her body. She She slowly sat up and saw Ram and Pihu sleeping in the exact same position, keeping their right hand under their cheeks. Priya chuckled softly. She kissed Pihu's forehead then caressed Ram's hair. But suddenly a wave of uncertainty and fear of facing others creeped up. Her mind started getting cloudy as the alarming feeling intensified her anxiety levels. Her hands started shaking. She started breathing heavily. She felt a sharp pain in her chest.
"It's just a panic attack. You're not gonna die. Only a panic attack. Take deep breaths.", she thought.
Taking a few deep breaths, she tried reaching for her medicine bottle from the side table but she couldn't grasp it and it fell on the floor. That made it worse.
She tried to speak but the choking feeling made her feel almost breathless to even talk. She tried shaking Ram but his sleep was too deep. So she scratched his arm vigorously. Ram opened his eyes as he felt her nails over his kurta. He saw Priya trying to breath with all her energy but failing. He got heavily scared.
Ram: Priya!
Sitting up he jumped on her side. With all her strength she pointed at the bottle laying on the floor. Ram looked down and grabbed the bottle. She looked at Pihu and tears started flowing down her eyes. Having no other option Ram lifted her in his arms and took her to the balcony, made her sit on a chair.
Ram: Priya look at me. Try taking a deep breath. Everything is fine. Breath in....breath out. Breath in....breath out. Yes yes try just try. Ek second main aaya abhi.
He ran inside and brought a glass of water.
Ram: Can you take this pill right now? Maybe not. Pehle breathing thodi normal honi hai. Okay breath in...breath out.
After a minute or two Ram felt she was able to take the medicine. So he made her take it with some water.
After almost 15-20 minutes of doing the breathing exercise Priya's breathing got normal.
Ram: Feeling a little better?
Priya(nodding): Hmm.
Ram was holding her hand tightly. Priya was looking down, tears still trickling down her eyes. Ram pulled out a tissue from his pocket and started wiping off her tears. Priya finally looked at him. Her eyes rendered pure sadness. Ram felt heavy pain seeing her in that state.
Ram: You're anxious about today. Hai na Priya?
She just nodded.
Ram: Don't meet them. I'll handle it. Main bata dunga sabko. I don't want you to get more stressed. You also go with Pihu and Krish.
Priya(very low voice): No. What are you saying? I can't leave you, I won't leave you with them! Mr. Kapoor apne hi kaha tha na we're in this together. My mental health issues are something I need to deal with. I'm trying. Mujhe aur bhagna nahi hai sabse. I'm done.
Ram: I know Priya. I know you're trying. And you don't have to do this alone. I'm here with you now. We'll deal with everything together. Par tum zyada stress nahi logi.
Priya: I can't promise you that. 5 years I'm holding myself. Her betrayal is too much for me to handle. Aaj kya hoga mujhe nahi pata but I know one thing for sure that I've had enough.
Ram: Okay. But Priya...I...
Priya: I'll try to control my anger. But I can't promise to you.
Ram sighed deeply then nodded.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor somethings in our lives are just too problematic to not talk about.
Ram: I understand Priya. I'm just concerned about you both.
Priya: I know. I just want a closure. We are starting fresh right? I want to do this correctly.
Ram hugged her tightly.
Ram: I just want you to be okay.
Priya: I'm a lot better already now that you are here with me.
They both smiled a little.

After completing her morning chores Priya sat down beside Pihu, caressing her head. Ram also came and sat beside her, then kissed her tiny hand.
Ram(whispering): Is it weird that I'm still not used Pihu calling me Papa?
Priya(whispering): No it's not weird. Even I'm not used to her calling me Mumma yet.
Ram gave a small smile to her.
Priya: Ummm...I'm going to see if Sandy woke up or not.
Ram: Yeah go. All of this is too much for her also.
Priya nodded. She pecked Pihu's forehead and went out of the room.