62. Disrespect

"Woh raat yaad hai tumhe jab Priya kidnap hui thi? Woh kapde badalke Ghar aayi thi Ram! Hum mein se kisi ne dhyaan nahi diya. Aur mujhe lagta hai ke shayad ussi raat...uska koi weak moment ho gaya hoga."

These sentences in Nandini's voice kept playing on Ram's head constantly. He wanted that voice to shut off but it kept on getting louder and louder. He didn't know how to handle it. He didn't know why it happened. He didn't know what it would cost him.

Tara saw Ram's expression getting changed from shocked to angry to fearful in some moments. His hands reached to his ears, trying to shut some kind of noise.

Ram started talking to himself while shaking his head vigorously.

Ram: Aisa nahi ho sakta...aisa nahi ho sakta.

Tara: Ram kya nahi ho sakta?

Ram looked at Tara. His face full of scare as if something bad was going to happen.

Ram: Priya...Pri...Pri...aisa nahi ho sakta. Sab...sab...khatam ho jayega...sab kuch...khatam ho jayega.

Tara(starting to feel tensed): Ram here look at me.

Ram looked at Tara but she could feel that he was not there and maybe he was on the verge of having a panic attack.

Tara quickly stood up and ran to the little fridge she had at the corner of her chamber and came with a tray full of ice.

Tara: Ram here! Open your mouth! I said open your mouth Ram!

Ram somehow managed to open his mouth a little and Tara put two ice cubes in his mouth.

Tara: No. No. Don't get that out of your mouth. Don't! Feel the ice Ram! Feel it's coldness!

She took two more ice cubes and opening Ram's palm forcefully, she made him hold them in his left hand.

Tara: Chorhna mat! You're just fine! Kuch nahi hua hai. Nothing bad is going to happen. Everything is fine. Take deep breaths. Idhar dekho aur meri tarah deep breath lo.

Tara started helping him to do breathing exercises. She remembered how Ram took a stress pill when he came to her for the first time.

Tara: Do you have your pill with you? The stress pill?

Pills! Yes Pills! His saviour! Ram pulled out his medicine box and handed them to Tara as he was holding the ice in his other hand.

Tara: Which one? Show me.

Ram pointed towards a bunch of white coloured pills. Tara took one out and handed it to him.

Ram: Mmmm...mmmm...

Tara: Ohh sorry maine hi toh ice pheknese mana kiya tha. Wait.

She gave him an empty glass to get rid of the ice.

Ram then gulped down some water with the medicine and took some deep breaths.

Tara: Feeling better?

Yes the frenzy feeling was gone but did he feel better? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

He took some more deep breaths trying to figure out how to deal with everything. Firstly, Priya was there. How could he even talk to her or meet her eyes? The one thing! The one thing he didn't want- to hit new lows! No no no! He needed to send her home safely.
He didn't know how to look at Tara also. Wasn't he a pathetic person who could think something so disgusting about his own wife? Tara would also hate him.
He felt like hiding from the whole damn world.

Ram(lowering his head): Mujhe jaana hai. I need to go.

He stood up and went to open the door.

Tara: Ram wait. Was is this? There's still 10 minutes left. Baitho yahan.