71. Main Hoon Na

Ram consulted with the doctor and when she allowed Priya to have a light meal, he called Pawan and asked him to bring something light for Priya. Pawan informed him that Tarun already packed everything and he would reach the hospital soon with Pihu.

He was walking towards Priya's cabin when he got a call from Tarun who informed him that he almost reached the hospital. Ram quickly went to the ground floor to receive Pihu. He stood near the entrance and some moments later saw Tarun walking towards him with a crying Pihu in his arms. Ram's chest pained to see his little daughter so upset. He ran towards them.

Ram: Pihu bachhe...

Pihu turned her head towards Ram listening to his voice.

Pihu: Papaaa!

Pihu forwarded her arms towards him and Ram took her in his arms. As he felt the touch of her warmth, he felt himself to weaken, he wanted to cry her heart out, he wanted to apologise to his little daughter, for every pain that he gave her, every question she had to hear, every moment that he missed with her. For everything. But he knew he couldn't break. His little Pihu didn't have the capacity to handle that much of pain that was whirling inside of him. He knew he had to toughen up, he had to be there for her because she needed to be helped, she needed to be protected from all the sorrow, from all the bad things. So he cleared his throat and blinked back his tears.

Ram(caressing her back): Pihu...bachhe aise rote nahi.

He cradled her for some minutes before her cries lessened a bit.

Pihu(whimpering): Mumma...kahan...hai?

Ram(wiping her tears with a tissue): Cupcake...bachhe please aise nahi rote. Mumma yahin hai.

Pihu: Kahan?

Ram: Uper.

Pihu looked at the building in front of her which looked like a hospital. She again turned to look at Ram cluelessly. Fresh tears made their way to her eyes.

Pihu: Mujhe...Mumma ke pass jaana hai!

Ram: Thik hai main lekar chalta hoon. Par aap rona bandh karo pehle.

Pihu wrapped her arms around Ram's neck. Ram gestured to Tarun to follow him and they entered the lift.

Pihu(whimpering): Aap dono...mujhe chorhke kyun aa gaye....

Ram: Aisa nahi hai Pihu. Hum aapko chorhke kabhi jaa sakte hain kahin. Aap toh hamari princess ho.

Pihu: Mumma kahan gayi?

Ram: Yahin hai Baba... I'm taking you to her. Bachhe aapki Mumma ne na galti ne thodi si Panner kha li thi toh unki tabiyat thodi kharab ho gayi. Ab thik hai woh...

All the colour drained out of Pihu's face. She started crying even more making Ram a nervous wreck. He thought he would handle the situation but things were getting out of hands.

Pihu: Mummaaaaaaa...

Ram(rocking her): Shuuuusssshhhh...bachhe aise rote nahi. Priya thik hai ab. Hum chal rahe hain na. Doctors se daant padegi aise rouge toh.

Ram said to Pihu as they got out of the lift. He almost ran towards Priya's cabin. Adi and Krish saw Ram hurriedly knock on the door and enter.

Priya was sitting on her bed, with her head between her hands. She was waiting for Pihu to come so that she could take a breath. Not seeing her after waking up made her feel very anxious plus when she heard that Pihu was crying, it made her feel worse. She chided herself for being so irresponsible and eating that Paneer stuffed patty. Everyone around her was scared for her now.