7. The Survival Plan

Heyyyy! I'm back! And here's the next chapter!

There was almost silence in the living room. Everyone was too shocked to speak. Only Priya's sniffling sound could be heard. Krish patted her back but she was still crying. Brinda could not hold herself anymore. She was sitting on the other side of Priya. She stood up from her chair as she knew Ram was hesitating and went to Priya and wrapped her in a warm hug.
The moment Priya felt her touch she started wailing. Brinda caressed her back.
Brinda: It's okay. It's okay. Everyone is fine Priya. Hum hai na. Hum kuch nahi hone denge tumhe, Pihu ko aur Ram ko. Kich nahi hoga Priya. Please ro mat. We're here now. Hum kabhi nahi chod ke jayenge. I promise. Tum akeli nahi hogi ab kabhi bhi Pihu ke saath. Hum sab hai na!
Ram passed Brinda a glass of water for Priya.
Brinda: Hey! Okay ab hogaya. The bitter truth is out. Humein kuch plan karna padega kya karna hai jaldi. But uske pehle tumhe calm hona hai. Aise nahi dekha ja raha Priya!
She also started crying but tried to make her have some water.
Priya drank some water then calmed down a little.
Brinda then sat beside her holding her hand.
Ram: Priya are you feeling a little okay now? I know it's a lot to take. But we've to think straight and above all we've to think quick. But first I need to know if you're okay.
Priya nodded to him.
Priya: Yeah I'm fine. You can continue.
Ram nodded.
Ram: So there's another recording. I'm playing that now.

The Recording:

Vadika: Aunty Ram se shaadi honi chahiye meri. Ha woh Juhu ke paas wala ghar toh mere naam kar diya usne jab maine usse yeh kehke fasaya tha ke mere paas ab kuch nahi hai Shashi se divorce ke baad as he was bankrupt. But dad ke kuch properties hain abhi bhi. Usse pata nahi chalna chahiye ke maine jhooth kaha. Bilkul pata nahi chalna chahiye. Usse shaadi ho gayi toh kuch bhi karke manage kar lungi main.
Nandini: Vedika plan toh bata dia hai maine tumhe. Execute tumhe karna hai bass. Baaki main dekh lungi.
The recording ended.

Krish: So Ram what's the plan? I know you already have one.
Ram: Yes I have one. But I also need suggestions.
So I'll start and if anyone thinks that it's not foolproof plan please tell me to stop and point it out. We can't afford to take any risks here.
Everyone nodded.
Ram: So first we need to shift Priya and Pihu somewhere far from here in a safe house. They just should not know anything about their location. So the question is why! So I need time here to wrap some things up, it will take maybe 4-5 days. Tab tak I can't take any steps and meri so called family ko yeh lagna chahiye that Priya and Pihu left and I know nothing.
We've hard evidence of murder plotting, conspiracy, mental abuse and all.
Now Krish cases kiya kiya bann sakte hai?

Krish:
1) Criminal conspiracy
2) Defamation
3) Criminal intimidation as Nandini Kapoor threatened Priya
4) Mental abuse- you can use but there's only penalty fee no imprisonment.
5) Cheating for property( in case of Vedika)

And I know Ram you want them in jail.
Ram: Okay so these are going to be the cases when I lodge an FIR. Krish the punishment kitne saalon ki hogi?
Krish: Ram ek ek karke case agar thokoge 10-15 years ki imprisonment hogi usse zyada nahi.
Ram: But it's not enough Krish! They can try to harm Priya and Pihu after they get out of jail.
Krish: Yes I can understand that Ram. But what else is there? Attempt nahi hoga, kisiko chot nahi lagegi toh bohot saalon ki saza toh hoti nahi na. And we can't risk anything.
Ram: Hmm...but we need more plans for the future.
Krish: Ram you will get time to think when they will stay in jail. Abhi present ka socho. Don't overthink. Pehle inn cases ke basis pe jail toh jaane do.
Ram: Okay I think you're right. Then after they get arrested I'll go where Priya and Pihu are staying. Krish I want you to go with them.
Priya: No.
Ram was shocked.
Ram: What are you saying?
Priya: I won't leave you here alone with those people. I can't.
Ram felt happiness in his heart but he had to make her understand.
Ram: Priya they'll never try to harm me isse unka koi fayda nahi hai. Tumhari aur Pihu ki jaan to khatra hai. That's why I'm suggesting this. Please try to understand. And I promise main zyada time nahi lunga but I need sometime nahi toh unko pata chal jayega. But tum dono yaha safe nahi ho abhi. Baat maano meri please.
Priya thought for a moment.
Priya: Then I want Krish to stay here with you. Is that alright with you Krish? This is my request to you.
Krish: Of course I'll stay here with Ram if you want.
Ram: But their security?
Adi: Ram we'll give them 24×7 security wherever they go. Tu chinta mat kar. I think Priya is right Krish should stay with you. Law and order ki baat hai woh rahega toh accha hoga.
Ram thought for a moment.
Ram: Okay. Krish can stay here with me. Now the question is who is gonna go with Priya and Pihu then? I can't let them go alone.
Brinda: I'll. I'll go with them Ram. Don't worry I'll not allow any harm to them.
Ram looked at Brinda. He knew she felt guilty but he knew she genuinely cares for him, Priya and Pihu.
Ram: Priya is that okay with you if Brinda goes?
Priya: Yeah. Absolutely fine.
Brinda gave a small smile to her and said a little 'thank you for trusting me.'
Priya nodded.
Ram: Okay then Brinda will go with them.
Ram: Adi find the best criminal lawyer in India. Agar kisi aur city se bhi lana pade no problem. Just find the best one. They messed with my family, saza toh barabar milegi.
Ab baat aati hai where will be the safe house? Anyone anything?
Kunal: My parents house in Nagpur?
Ram: No I don't think so. Somewhere they have absolutely no clue about.
Adi and Brinda eyed eachother.
Adi: Our farmhouse in Goa. Hum doston ke alawa toh kisiko pata nahi hai I guess as we wanted to keep it as a secret. And Pihu will enjoy Goa. What do you guys say?
Ram started thinking of the possibilities of failure.
Krish: I think it's a good plan. Ram?
Ram: Priya? What do you want? I don't want to force you into anything.
Priya looked at him with an unknown expression.
Priya: I'm okay with whatever you decide. I know you're trying to protect us.
Ram smiled at her a little.
Ram: Okay then tum, Pihu aur Brinda early morning like 5am tak flight mein hoge. Adi book a private jet right now on that time slot. And arrange a security team around the house. And please Pihu ko leke Goa mat ghumne suru ho jana. It's not safe for any of you. Main jab tak waha na pohochu please samne wale beach ko chod ke kahi mat jana.
Priya and Brinda: Okay.
That 'private jet' irked Priya but she decided to keep her silence.
Ram: I'll finish my work. Lodge the FIR. Police will come and arrest them. Then I'll be on the next flight to Goa. That's the plan. Krish is this okay? Anyone any suggestion?
Krish: Yeah mujhe toh thik hi lag raha hai.
Ram nodded.
Everyone else gestured a 'no'.
Ram: Krish I need another help from you.
Krish: What?
Ram: I need you to find Shashi.
Priya became alert.
Priya(freaking out): Wait a minute! What do you mean by that? Shashi is not in jail?
Ram: Ummmm...No.
Priya: He was not arrested?
Ram: No.
Priya: You couldn't find him 5 years ago?
Ram: Yes he was found.
Priya was shocked.
Priya: Then?
Ram was silent.
Priya: I'm asking you something Mr. Kapoor.
Ram didn't answer.
Adi: Priya main bolta hoon. Calm down.
Ram shot glances at Adi.
Adi ignored him as he knew Priya was tensed and she needed to know.
Adi: After you were taken to jail, Shashi came. At first Ram was angry then he started explaining that it was his father who did everything he didn't do anything. And his father was dead at that time and he had no hand in all of that. He was like I'm your friend Ram why would I do this?
Priya(angrily looking at Ram): And you let him go. Just like that. Mr. Kapoor if he had no hand in all of that, why the fuck on Lohri MS tried to kill you! It was Shashi's plan all along! MS and Varun executed it. It was all Shashi's plan. How could you let him go! Your life is in danger for 5 years! Do you even realize that! Even Shashi manipulated you! How could you! I tried to protect you as I think I'm the curse of your life, I wanted you to be happy! Aur yaha toh kuch aur hi chal raha hai.
Priya started crying again.
Brinda started caressing her back.
Ram: I'm sorry Priya. I just lost Shivi, you were taken to jail. I didn't know what I was doing! I'm sorry. I failed to get Dad his justice.
His tears started flowing from his eyes.
Priya: Krish please kuch bhi karke Shashi ko dhoondo. I want him in jail asap. We can't any risk with his life. Please.
Krish nodded and went to make calls for Shashi's whereabouts.
Priya was glaring at Ram.