86. Motherhood Looks Beautiful On You

Priya(with tears in her eyes): Ram...

One look at those eyes and it made her doubt if all her assumptions were wrong.

Priya knew that in that instant they were sharing one of their most intimate moments and that was why she chose to call him by his name to feel him closer to her.

As Ram gently pulled her towards him, Priya walked a few steps and stood before him. Instantly he rested his head on her tummy, wrapping his arms around her waist.

Ram's voice broke when he tried to speak. He felt heartbroken to see his Priya like this.

Ram: Tumhe...pata bhi hai ke...tum kitni khoobsurat ho? Haan?

He heard her soft sniffles and felt her fingers caress his hair. He loosened his grip on her and scooted towards the middle of the bed to make space for Priya to sit.

And then holding her hand, he made her sit on the bed and hugged her tightly, resting her head on his chest. Priya's cries intensified the moment she felt the warmth of Ram's body engulfing her. Tightening the hug, Ram began kissing her hair softly.

Ram(softly): Main hoon yahan...Priya main kahin nahi jaunga phir se. Tumhe darne ki zaroorat hi nahi hai. Hamesha rahunga tumhara haath pakad ke, tumhare saath.

Tears pulled down Ram's eyes as he felt Priya's grip tighten on his sleeves. He placed a deep kiss on the side of her head, slightly rocking her.

Ram: Shushhhhh...sab kuch thik hai. Take a deep breath.

Priya tried to do what she was told but while doing so she just couldn't because her chest felt too heavy.

Ram: Panic attack jaisa lagg raha hai?

Priya: Uhu...

Priya managed to make that much sound while tears trickled down her eyes uncontrollably. Ram kept caressing her hair and wiped her tears with a tissue simultaneously.

After a minutes her sobs lessened and Ram held a water bottle in front of her. She took a few sips and then again placed her head on his chest.

She tried to reason with her thoughts but a part of her felt extremely unsure. She couldn't stop thinking about that teeny-tiny part of her mind still that Ram might be saying all this just to be nice to her.

Ram caressed Priya's left cheek with a sad smile.

Ram: Tumse ek baat poochun?

Priya hummed in response.

Ram: Judge toh nahi karogi?

Priya immediately looked at him, placing her chin over Ram's chest. A deep frown formed on her forehead when her eyes fell on his. They looked sad, vulnerable. It reminded her of the night before Diwali 5 years ago when Ram was not in his senses because of the tranquilizers given to him. He looked like a little boy trying to find his home and somehow he found that comfort in her that day.

That night made Priya felt closer to Ram. She had never thought that someone who had everything, actually had almost...nothing. That night she got to know how Ram searched for contentment in different people, how he felt lonely even though thousands of people were around him, how he wanted to feel a little bit of peace in his heart.

And looking at those eyes today, Priya knew he wanted to share some of his saddest memories or insecurities with her, something he might never had shared with anyone else. But he wanted to, with her.

Looking deep into his eyes, Priya shook her head gently, making a silent promise that she wouldn't judge him. She saw Ram giving a nod and then lowering his gaze.