88. Priya's Happily Ever After

It was almost dinner time when Ram and Pihu came downstairs after playing hide-n-seek for an hour. Priya also joined them for some time but then Sandy called so she began talking to her and then went to help in the kitchen. 

Coming downstairs, both Ram and Pihu sneakily scanned the whole living room. 

Ram(whispering): Clear hai! Aa jao. Aa jao. 

Tiptoeing Pihu looked inside the kitchen and confirmed to Ram that Priya wasn't there too. So they entered the kitchen and Ram asked Pawan, who was cutting cucumbers for making salad, to go sit in the living room. Knowing that these two again came to rob the snacks cabinet, Pawan shook his head and went outside the kitchen. 

Leaning in Ram gave a high five to Pihu who jumped in utter joy as it all felt too exciting to her. For Ram it was like being in a spy movie and having Pihu as his chotu assistant. 

Pihu: Chalo chalo Papa jaldi leke bhagte hain. 

Ram nodded and walked towards the farthest corner of the kitchen where the chips, cream biscuits, wafers and other snacks were kept. Pihu trailed after him with shiny eyes. 

Ram opened the cabinet and began rummaging through it as there were very less chips packets and above all they were the small 5 rupees packets. 

Ram(whispering): Yeh 5 rupees ke packets kaun rakhta hai. Ismein toh hawa hoti hai aur uske saath 2-3 chips. Zaroor yeh Priya ki chaal hogi!

Feeling a tug on his kurta, he turned to look at his little munchkin who was waiting for him to fetch something for her as it was out of her reach. Her tiny pout made his heart melt and taking out two packets, he handed her one packet of chips just as littul as her. 

He was going take some more when they heard a sound of clearing throat from behind. Both of their eyes widened in fear knowing who it was. Pihu hid the packet behind her while Ram immediately moved a little backwards and grabbed some pieces of cucumber that Pawan was cutting earlier. Putting a couple of pieces in his mouth, he gave Pihu some who also munched on it knowing they had to do some acting now. 

Ram: Yeh cucumbers kitne fresh hain na Cupcake? Aur dekho Pawan ne kitna achha cut kiya hai...star star!

Pihu: Haan. Kitne cute hain!

The father-daughter duo began a extremely meaningless conversation, ignoring Priya who was leaning on the kitchen door. Pretending that they did absolutely nothing, they kept eating more pieces of cucumber. 

Being very annoyed by their behaviours, Priya entered with a deep frown. 

Priya: Kya chal raha hai yahan?

Ram and Pihu looked at her as if they absolutely didn't know she was here. 

Ram(smiling widely): Arey Priya!

Pihu(smiling widely): Mumma!

Pursing her lips, Priya crossed her arms near her chest. 

Priya: Mujhe achhe se pata hai aap dono yahan kyun aaye ho! Dinner ka time ho raha hai na! Kaha hai na maine ke itna junk food nahi khaate! Kaha hai ke nahi?

Pihu and Ram both bobbed their heads like a good kid. 

Priya shook her head in disapproval seeing a little bit packet showing behind Pihu. 

Priya: Pihu betu aap ke peeche woh kya hai? Chips?

Pihu shook her head vigorously, scooting closer to Ram who felt very helpless now. Letting out a sigh Priya walked towards them and held out her hand in front of Pihu. 

Priya: Betu it's dinner time. Abhi yeh sab nahi khaate. Petu mein dard hoga Pihu. Baat suno meri please. Dedo mujhe woh packet. Baad mein khaana woh. 

Pihu looked at Ram once and knowing very well that her Papa didn't stand a chance in front of her Mumma, she gave the packet to Priya with a pout.