32. Last Evening In Goa

Okay so 2 things I wanted to tell you first.
1) I made a change in chapter no. 30 (Memories) where Ram asks Kunal to give a statement of Priya taking the blame. So instead of that Ram said,  "So do a thing give a statement saying, we don't want to disclose anything  right now and we want them to respect our privacy."
So why am I doing this??? Because it is required for the story and because I can make changes here! Hehe!
So you can go, read that little portion or just skip it as I already clarified here only. It's your choice.

2) And I understood that Adi's reasoning of Ram & Priya giving an interview together was kinda misleading...so I'm continuing the conversation as it's need to be cleared why an interview is needed(at the right time ofc).

Ram entered their room and saw Priya pacing around deeply thinking while Pihu is sleeping.
He went near her which kind of shook her breaking her chain of thoughts.
Ram: Oopps! I'm sorry. Didn't mean to scare you. Are you okay?
Priya(taking a deep breath): Yeah I'm okay. Actually I need some clarification from Adi about the interview thing. Main niche jaa rahi hoon. Aap chalenge?
Ram: Ha main bhi aata hoon.
They both looked at their little munchkin and smiled.
Ram: Mazze se so rahi hai. No tension nothing...
Priya(sadly): Aisa hi toh hona chahiye na Mr. Kapoor. Let's go.
Priya left the room. Letting out a deep sigh Ram followed her.

Adi and Brinda were still in the living room while everyone else went to their respective rooms.
Brinda was lying down of the sofa, her feet were on Adi's lap who was massaging them while chatting with her, smiling.
Ram Priya came down and witnessed that and felt happy and sad together.
Adi looked at them and smiled. Brinda sat up.
Priya: I'm sorry to disturb you guys.
Adi: Arreyyy what are saying Priya! Baitho! Kya hua batao....
Ram and Priya sat down.
Priya: Ummm...it's about the interview. Is it that necessary? I mean kya hi hoga logo ko bolke....
Adi: Okay I understand your point of view. Ab mera suno.
Look when you went to jail the news channels went mad about it. I'm sorry to tell you all this but you should know what happened, to actually understand the depth of the situation.
We know that you had to change homes as people or landlords came to know about your jail time. Then the newspapers also were full of this. Priya you are Ram's wife. How would media won't know? Hum kuch kar nahi paye uss time. And this time also. Pihu ko hide karna bhi is impossible after a point of time. I wish we could do that. But it's not possible. Do you understand now?
Priya's tears started falling down her eyes.
Priya(in broken voice): I'm sorry Mr. Kapoor. Meri wajah se media and all. I can only imagine what things you had to hear and go through because of this? I don't know what to do. Because of me, your reputation got stained.
Ram(caressing her back): Priya I don't care what people think or say about me. I care about you and Pihu. We know that it wasn't you but still you suffered. We know that your action was wrong but your intention was good. You didn't want Ishaan's future to get damaged. But things don't work like that Priya. Law ko aapne hath mein lena is never okay.
If you do this interview people will get to know why you did what you did. Ishaan ka naam bahaar nahi aayega. That will be handled. But I think Adi is right. If you resume your job or Pihu take admission in a school people will talk and that'll affect you both and eventually us all. If you do this interview with me, tumse logo ko sach pata chalega jaise annulment papers wali baat aayi thi. Of course a lot of people won't understand but a lot of them will and that's what we need at this moment. Do you understand? Or should I explain more?
Priya: No I understand. Okay I'll do the interview. Adi Thank you for telling me all this. Nahi toh hum ne yeh socha tha that it'll be best if we don't say anything at all.
Adi: Dost kis liye hote hai Priya. Hum sable perspectives alag hote hai. Jo sahi hoga, jisse San handle kiya jaa sakta hai we should do that now.
Priya nodded.
Brinda: Hum hain saath mein! Sab sort kar lenge Priya. Tum dono chinta mat karo, just enjoy your time together with Pihu.
Ram and Priya both smiled at them.
Priya: Okay then we'll go upstairs.
Adi: Okay. Just ask me if you have any question.
Priya(with a smile): Okay.