78. Littul Baby

As the lunchtime arrived and Priya saw Tarun pouring chicken soup in a bowl, she shook her head.

Priya: Bass bass Tarun aur nahi.

Ram: Priya...you need to eat. Humne baat ki na! Tarun tu baat mat sunn.

Priya looked at Ram little angrily but Ram ignored that. He needed to be strict with Priya for her own good.

Tarun served the food on two plates. Priya was astonished to see him serving the same food as hers to Ram. She knew how hard it would be for him to eat bland food.

Tarun: Bhabhi maine woh hi banaya hai jo doctor ne bola hai. Aapko toh thik hona hoga na.

Tarun left after giving a smile to Priya. Ram took the bowl of soup in his hand. Blowing it a little bit, he made Priya drink some.

Ram: Dekha Tarun bhi keh raha hai.

Priya(sadly): Aap yeh bland khaana kaise khayenge?

Ram(with a smile): Tumhe yeh healthy healthy khaana hai toh main Butter Chicken kaise thusoon.

Priya melted instantly. Tears pooled into her eyes as she felt overwhelmed. Food was something that Ram didn't like to comprise with, ever. But he was willingly eating that food so that he could give her company. It might seem like a little thing to people but it was huge for Priya.

To her friends, Ram might only seem like the husband to hurt her feelings, but for her, he was the husband she fell in love with, even after deciding that she would never allow herself to love another man. He healed those tormenting wounds of hers which she never expected to heal. Be it holding his blazer over her head to protect her from the rains, or making her laugh with his silly jokes, or loving her so deeply that deep rooted insecurities took a backseat. So trusting him to not break her heart again was never really a tough decision for her. Because she knew if she gave him another chance to mend things between them, he would try to protect her heart at any cost. Now there was no one who would try to separate them. She still had a chance at living a happy life and she wanted to grab that chance with her whole heart.

As Ram's eyes went back to Priya, he saw tears in her eyes and he panicked thinking that she was in some kind of pain.

Ram: Priya? Priya? Tum ro kyun rahi ho? Dard ho raha hai kahin? Tabiyat kharab lagg rahi hai?

Priya's train of thoughts got broken listening to him and she shook her head for a few times to let him know that she was fine.

Ram: Toh? Kya hua hai batao mujhe.

When Priya didn't look up, Ram kept the bowl on the side table and bent to have a look at her face. Seeing that her eyes were filled with tears, Ram gently caressed her cheeks.

Ram(softly): Priya...

Priya sniffled back her tears and looked at Ram.

Priya: Kuch nahi. Main thik hoon.

Ram: Sachhi?

Priya nodded.

Although Priya said that she was fine, Ram still felt that she was feeling sad inside. So he thought of cheering her up.

Ram(with a smile): Achha phir batao Tarun ne Palak ke saath Aloo ki sabzi hi kyun banayi aaj?

With a frown Priya looked at their plates as if the answer was written on those. She thought for some time but couldn't really reach the conclusion.

Priya: Kyun?

Ram(with a mischievous grin): Kyunki Palak ko Aloo bohot a-peeling laga.

It took Priya a couple of seconds to understand that Ram was telling her a joke and she burst into peals of laughter, keeping her hand over her mouth. Ram also started laughing with her.