28. Support System

During the whole ride, Priya was reading about excessive alcohol consumption, it's side-effects, withdrawal symptoms etc. Everything she read, made her very tensed about Ram. She looked at him and saw him still sleeping with Pihu in his arms.

Soon they reached home. Priya woke up Ram and Pihu who started whining together.
Priya: Krish kya karoon main inn dono ko lekar?
Krish: Khud sambhalo. Main chala. Bye Priya. All the best.
Priya got more irritated.
Priya: Ayy! Tum dono! Jaldi niklo car se nahi toh main baal badhungi.
Ram and Pihu opened their eyes immediately with terror. Both got out of the car immediately without uttering a word.
Priya(smirking): Works everytime.
Priya got out of the car and saw Ram and Pihu whispering something to each other.
Priya: Meri chugli kar rahe ho tum dono?
Ram: Areeey nahi nahi Priya. Hum..hum kyun tumhari chugli karenge hume aur koi kam nahi hai kya! Chalo princess let's take a bath and then we can have lunch.
Pihu: Ha ha Papa chalo.
They went inside almost running together making Priya laugh at their antics.

They all got cleaned up then sat to have lunch together. There was salad, naan, rice, mixed veg, matar paneer, mutton rogan josh etc. on the menu.
Tarun keeping a less spicy version of rogan josh in front of Pihu,
Tarun: Pihu baby that's too spicy for you. You have this.
Pihu compared both the dishes by looking at them.
Pihu: No I want to eat that only. The color is prettier.
Priya: No Pihu it's for adults. Aap toh bachhe ho. So this is special for you.
Pihu: No I don't want that.
Priya: Pihu!
Pihu: No. Aap mujhe buddhu bana rahe ho. That looks tastier.
Ram sighed deeply and took a piece of mutton in his plate and had a bite.
Ram: Ewww! Tarun! What have you made! It's not good.
Tarun was shocked as Ram always loved his cooking.
Tarun: I'm sorry. I thought it's good.
Ram(glaring at Tarun): I'm telling you na it's bad.
Then he took a bite of the less spicy version of the dish.
Ram: Ohoho! This one is too good. Woh achha nahi hai bilkul. Pihu bachhe aap ko woh khana hai na you can eat that. Main toh yeh kha raha hoon.
Pihu frowned at her Papa's words.
"That one looks prettier. But Papa said this one is tastier. Papa has good taste of food. Woh achha nahi hoga. Maybe I should have this one only.", Pihu thought.
Pihu: No. I want this one.
Ram: But you said na that one looks prettier. So rehne do.
Pihu: But you said it's tastier.
Ram: Yeah it is tastier.
Pihu: Then I'll have this only.
Priya smiled widely as Ram managed Pihu really easily. Whenever it came to food Priya had always struggled with Pihu as she always went for the 'pretty' version of food.
Tarun smiled and served Pihu the dish who ate happily after that. Priya gave Ram a sad smile who just gave her a 'it's okay' smile.

After lunch, Ram saw Pihu already sleeping in Priya's arms. They went to their room and made Pihu sleep on the bed.
Then Priya noticed Ram holding his head.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor are you okay?
Ram: No Priya. My head is pounding.
Priya: Oh no...
She started searching for his headache pills in his medicine box.
Priya(showing him the strip): This one na?
Ram(looking at it): Yes. Thanks Priya.
Ram popped the pill with some water. Then Priya held his hand,
Priya: Come with me.
They went to the balcony. Priya made Ram sit on the chair and started applying balm on his forehead. Ram started feeling emotional as her touch felt really overwhelming.
Priya: Is this feels good?
Ram(clearing his throat): Hmmm.
Priya: Why are you doing this to yourself?
Ram: What?
Priya: Tarun told me about your heavy drinking habits. You haven't had a sip after you came here. Maybe this is a withdrawal symptoms.
Ram: You know?
Priya: Hmm...
Ram: I didn't have a drink for 4-5 days now.
Priya(shocked): What? Means from when you met us?
Ram nodded with teary eyes.
Priya: Why? Why are you doing this to yourself?
Ram(tears started flowing from his eyes): I'm sorry Priya. I'm so so sorry. I hate myself right now. Because of me all of this happened. I'm sorry.
Priya started caressing his hair to comfort him.
Priya: It's not your fault Mr. Kapoor. I was dumb that I didn't realize Nandini Kapoor's actual intentions. Aapko uss haalat mein chod ke chali gayi. Kya karte aap! I'm not blaming you. I'm just saying not taking a sip for days is not the solution. If you really want to cut down you have to do it gradually. Nahi toh tabiyat aur bhi kharab hogi. I just don't want you to do more damage to your health.
Ram hugged her by the waist and started crying heavily keeping his head on her stomach. Priya also started crying seeing him like that.
Ram: I feel so so guilty for everything.
Priya: It's not completely your fault. We are both responsible for this. But don't punish yourself like this. We both want you to stay healthy.
Ram: I'm sorry Priya.
Priya: It's okay. It's okay. Maybe tonight just go out with Adi but don't drink too much.
Ram: I don't want to go leaving you both.
Priya: Mr. Kapoor! Be practical! Hum yaha hi rahenge. Pihu is a 4 year old, she doesn't understand all of this. Just control a little bit and don't drink too much. And at that time she'll anyways be sleeping. If you continue doing this you'll definitely get sick. Tab Pihu daantegi. And you know how she is, you won't like that a bit. Am I making sense to you?
Ram: Hmmm.
Priya: And when we go back to Mumbai we'll consult a doctor and cut it down if you feel like that. Aap ka yeh khud ka process is making you unwell. Okay?
Ram: Hmmm.
She caressed his head for some minutes until his sobs lessened. She broke the hug and sat in front of him. She held his hand tightly.
Priya: You're not alone anymore. I'm here. We're in this together. Okay?
Ram nodded with a small smile.
Priya: Okay now go have some sleep. I'm going to Sandy's room to talk to her. Okay?
Ram: Okay.
They both went inside the room. Pihu was sleeping peacefully. Ram laid down beside her. Priya smiled looking at them once more then left the room, leaving a goofily smiling Ram who was feeling very contented with her touch in his hair after 5 long years. He felt loved and cared by her like that after so much yearning for all those years.