Secret •Bang Chan•

Genre: no idea.
Word count: 1.2k

You entered the company building and rushed over to the elevators. It was your first day at your new job as a staff member and you were already running late because of slow traffic and a bus driver who never learned how to drive the speed limit.

After impatiently and repeatedly pressing the buttons to the fourth floor, the doors to the elevator finally opened. You hurriedly stepped inside and clutched the straps of your backpack that was slung around your shoulders as you waited for the doors to shut. You were nervous to meet with the idol group you were going to work with for practically the remainder of your life.

However, just as the doors were shutting, a boy wearing an all black outfit and a backpack quickly jumped into the elevator. You moved into the opposite corner of the elevator as him, stealing glances every now and then when you got the chance to. He was out of breath, so you figured he was late for something, too.

"What floor are you going to?" the male suddenly asked, looking your way as he reached for the buttons.

For some reason you stuttered over your words and couldn't get anything out of your mouth. Perhaps it was your nerves finally hitting you.

"Four," you finally choked out, clearing your throat as your face got hot with embarrassment.

"Really?" the male popped as his voice went all high pitched with surprise, making you turn your head his way. "I'm going there, too,"

"Oh," you managed to reply, continuing to grip onto your backpack straps.

You impatiently waited for the elevator to arrive to your floor in uncomfortable silence—since you did not like speaking to new people— but that only lasted a few more seconds before the male began speaking to you again.

"Is it your first day?" the boy asked you, making you quickly turn your head his way again in shock. How did he know?

"Is it that obvious...?" you asked with wide eyes, now turning your head to face him.

He let out a chuckle, "don't worry, they won't be mad at you for being late,"

How does he know this.

You couldn't help but notice that he wasn't that much taller than you. Maybe three inches? And he was very handsome. Despite his hat covering the majority of his features, his dimples and bright smile made up for it.

"I'm not a psychic, I just noticed that you're clutching your backpack in an impatient way," he told you, pointing at your hands just as you pulled them down at your sides even though he was right.

"Who are you?" you asked with squinted eyes in his direction.

He smiled again, making your heart flutter, and gave you a bow.

"Bang Chan, leader of Stray Kids," he introduced himself formally, politely reaching his hand out to you with a smile.

Stray Kids.

The group you'll be working with.

You looked at him with a surprised smile, slowly shaking his hand.

"Y/n Y/l/n," you introduced yourself, bowing back to him quickly.

"Ah..." Chan hummed with a big smile, "you're our new staff member, correct?"

You nodded as your hands found their way back to the straps of your backpack.

*ding*

"Follow me then, yeah?" Chan said to you as he exited the elevator with you following him close behind.

You two walked down the hall together, conversing briefly. You talked about why you applied for this job and expressed how excited you were despite your nervousness and lack of communication skills, and talked about why he was late.

He had gotten stuck behind the same bus as you did.

Chan suddenly stopped at a closed door in the hallway after a couple of turns and faced you.

"I'll have to warn you before you walk in..." he leaned up against the door, crossing his arms over his chest. "they are loud, but they are harmless."

You slowly smiled at his attempt to stall you from walking in. You knew exactly what he meant.

"Promise me that you will stay by my side, I know none of these people in here," you said desperately as you suddenly got serious, clutching his arm through his sleeve which made him look at you with wide eyes.

"Promise."

.

He in fact did stay by your side. The entire time.

Throughout the next few months to practically a year, you had gotten very close with all of the members because of your job as a staff member. You had spend almost every day with them. It was your job to help with hooking their microphones up to them before performances, shows, and filming their own episodes, and plenty more.

But you had gotten significantly closer with Chan more than the others, even to the point of him visiting you at your apartment because they have cameras in their dorm. You even gave him a spare key to your apartment for whenever he has day offs and he chooses to visit you.

You enjoy his company and he enjoys yours.

You walked into your bedroom holding a small box full of string and beads, to see Chan sitting at the edge of your bed working on his laptop. When he saw you out of the corner of his eye, he immediately closed his laptop and looked up at you with a smile.

"What's that?" Chan asked, pointing to the box you held in your hands as you set it down beside him, taking a seat on the edge of the bed as well.

"Bracelet making items," you answered with a smile, taking the plastic top off of the box to reveal a colorful variety of strings and beads inside in neat rows.

Chan shot a quick glance with a grin at you. "Really?"

You gave him a proud, quick nod in silence.

"Okay, let's make matching ones. Let's do it!"

.
Chan's Vlive:

Chan sat in front of the camera beside Jeongin in his office, reading comments over his phone.

"Chan, what is that on your wrist?" Chan read aloud a comment in English with a smile on his face before he looked down at the bracelet you made for him yesterday.

Jeongin quickly glanced at his leader with wide eyes. He wasn't sure if he was going to tell everyone about you and Chan.

"Uh," Chan let out a nervous laugh, scratching the back of his neck while Jeongin shot a glance at the camera before resuming back to reading comments.

"It's a- it's a bracelet my stylist gave me. I asked for something new to wear instead of a watch and she gave me this," Chan smiled at the camera, proud with himself for coming up with a lie so quickly.

Jeongin rubbed his forehead and glanced at Chan with an embarrassed smile.

"I think the others will get something similar in the near future." Chan smiled again, nodding his head at the camera.

You and Jisung were holding in your laughs from the sofa directly behind Chan's camera in front of him and Jeongin.

Little did his fans know...you were right in that room with them.

A/n: wow, I'm sorry this one kind of sucks. I had such bad writers block and I still sort of do. I didn't really know exactly what to do for this imagine, so I apologize! It's more of a friendship one than anything.