I'm Not Lost! •Yang Jeongin•

Genre: funny/soft

Word count: 1.5k

Description: Jeongin has just landed back in Seoul from being on tour for months while not being able to see you. So, being the perfect girlfriend you are, you decided to show up at the airport to surprise him. However, you were vastly mistaken for thinking that you were on the right side of the airport.

***

You stepped out of the car with the biggest and brightest smile on your face. Despite it being 3am, you weren't even tired at the thought of Jeongin being back. You were just happy that your boyfriend was back home after a long tour with his band mates.

The only thing you were really worrying about was the fans and paparazzis. You kept trying to convince yourself that around 3am there won't be any, but anything could change.

You were so excited to finally see his face in person again and not over FaceTime calls, that you were actually shaking a bit. It was probably because of the temperature outside and being up super early, but you were uncontrollably shaking. You know when it's so cold outside that your body shakes without it wanting to? That's what you were feeling.

Walking through the mainly vacant airport, you read off the gate numbers to find Jeongin's. To keep it a secret from him, you decided to ask your brother, Minho, what gate they would be at. However, after talking with Minho, you regretted asking him. He usually doesn't keep secrets too well. So you were praying that he didn't accidentally give Jeongin any hints.

Your phone then began ringing in your jeans pocket. You quickly took it out, reading the name on your screen.

"Where are you? We've landed," Minho spoke on the other end in a sort of hushed tone.

You looked around for any sign that could give you a hint on your location. Gate 6. The gate where they should be at.

"I'm at the gate right now," you responded in a weak voice since you didn't speak at all yet. Especially with it being early.

"...no you're not," Minho said slowly.

You blinked, squinting your eyes through your glasses lenses to read the gate number again.

"Yes I am, I'm at gate 6," you told him, pressing your phone against your ear.

You stood in the middle of the giant airport hallway, looking around for the boys anywhere. But to your dismay, it was only filled with few people boarding their planes and buying neck pillows at the shops.

"You dumbass." Minho suddenly spoke loudly, making you jump.

You furrowed your eyebrows in offense. "What?"

"I texted you gate 9," Minho said in disbelief, pinching the bridge of his nose as he walked a little behind the group with Bang Chan.

You shot your eyes back up to the sign. You swore that in the text it was 'gate 6'. But then again, you read it upside down when your phone was on your bed. You squeezed your eyes shut with a loud sigh.

"I thought it said 6," you said quietly, looking down at your shoes.

You could hear Minho's chuckle over the phone. You knew he found this amusing. To be fair, it's very early to be functioning correctly. It was an honest mistake.