Don't Fly Away •Kim Seungmin•

(*TW* sensitive topic is mentioned)

Genre: a little sad but it gets soft :D I think

Word count: 2.1k

Synopsis: you've been mentally exhausted for a while now. Things you were originally interested in before weren't peaking your interest now. You lost your friends due to a toxic ex, you barely get any sleep due to staying up late trying to do homework which only adds up to your stress and anxiety, and your parents weren't being of any help at all. You were completely alone. That is, until you meet a certain boy next door.

***

You tossed a crumpled up piece of paper and tossed it behind you, allowing it to hit the wall and be added to the pile that was grouped up on the floor next to your trash bin. You threw yourself back in your chair, tapping your leg uncontrollably.

There's no way I'll finish this essay by midnight.

Your phone buzzed, signaling you to look at the lit up phone screen. It was your best friend, Loona.

Loona

Y/n!

Let's go out to the club and get drinks! I have a certain boy you'd love to meet
(read at: 11:36pm)

Sighing, you typed a reply after two minutes worth of silence and contemplating.

You

I have to finish this essay in 20 minutes, I'm sorry! You go have fun without me

Rain check?
(read at: 11:38pm)

Loona

Another essay? Is this just another excuse not to go out?
(read at 11:38pm)

You didn't answer. To be fair, she wasn't wrong. You haven't been wanting to go out and do things you normally would recently. School was just getting the best of you, and your divorced parents constantly nagging you about what you're going to do for a job after graduation doesn't help whatsoever.

You clenched your jaw tightly, looking over to your left at the window across your bedroom. You could see the city lights all lit up in the night sky. It looked beautiful.

You got up from your seat, grabbing your phone from your desk and approached the window. You quickly unlocked it and opened the window as wide as possible, allowing the cool, crisp night air blow through your hair and all over your face. It felt so refreshing. It was as if it made your worries and stress disappear. Until the mere thought of it pinched at your heart. And then the stress and anxiety was back.

You found yourself sticking your head out your window, gazing out at the skyscrapers ahead. And then you looked down at the multiple floors of your apartment complex. It was surreal to you that people just below you were living their own, diverse lives.

But you only wished to escape yours.

I wish I could fly away. You thought to yourself. Then I could escape my horrible thoughts. My unloving parents. My fears.