The Shadows •yang jeongin•

(Not proofread)

Genre: thriller, I think?

*WARNING* since this is a thriller/horror, there will be graphic situations in this story. For my sake and your sake, it will not be in grave detail. Discretion is advised.

Word count: 1k

Synopsis: a best friend takes a turn for the worst. The absolute worst.

***

You've always been the popular girl in middle and elementary school. You knew everybody— you were friends with basically everyone. Nobody had any issues with you or problems, everyone loved you.

But you had one specific best friend, Yang Jeongin.

You two were inseparable childhood best friends. Nobody tore you apart. Wherever he went, you went. And wherever you went, he went. Which means everyone knew you both considering nobody would see one of you without the other.

Until high school began.

You quickly gained popularity when you became the most well-known cheerleader for the football team, and the star player in your archery seasons. Everybody loved you at your brand new high school.

However, Jeongin felt as though he was left in the dust. Lost in your shadow. Nobody knew him anymore ever since you got in the spotlight.

And he absolutely hated it.

.

Blood was smeared on the walls of the classroom.

Hand prints on the floors and walls telling a story of the once alive, and desperate students fighting for their life.

You could still hear their screams coming from the first floor despite being on the third, almost reaching the top. Your plan was to get to the fire escape and get off of campus before he got you, too.

'Why would he do this?' you thought to yourself.

He wasn't a psycho. So why all of a sudden was he murdering the entire school? Did he want only you alive? None of it made sense.

You glanced down at your white button up, looking at the blood of your classmate. You couldn't shake the sight of him bleeding out in the music room, begging for you to call for help when in reality, Jeongin already smashed all of the phones in the cellphone holders. Including yours.

He also managed to cut the power in the school. With it already nearing nighttime outside, it would be super difficult to find your way out without a source of light.

You were trapped. But if you got onto the roof and made your way all the way down the fire escape four floors, you'd be free. And alive.

But part of you wanted to stop Jeongin and understand why he was committing the unthinkable. It just didn't add up. He was always so sweet and kind towards you...why is he murdering innocent students and teachers?

Entering another classroom, you could see the younger students lying on the floor with lifeless expressions. The students who would greet you every morning when arriving at school.