They Don't Deserve You •hwang hyunjin•

(I'm writing this because of all the things going on right now with Hyunjin's bubble. I'm not one to explain it because I don't know all of the details, but I know enough to say that these 'stays' don't deserve to call themselves fans with what they are doing to both Hyunjin and Felix. I am so disgusted by these people who think they can say whatever they want to HUMAN BEINGS just because they don't like them. And this goes for the rest of the group right now. I cannot stand these so called "stays" who are accusing the boys of such ridiculous things and hating them for zero reason. No words express how I feel towards these people.)

Genre: soft, I think? Idrk sorry

Word count; 1k

Synopsis: you've known Hyunjin for years now. Throughout those years, you've become very close with him and notice certain things about him. One of them being the fact that he doesn't realize people are mean to him. He thinks they're just conversing and bossing him around, in which he obediently complies. But you cannot stand it.

***

"Can you like...go?" Saeun, Hyunjin's assigned partner for a project, asks in a rude manner. She looks up at him with a raised eyebrow.

Hyunjin looked at her cluelessly, his dark eyes holding nothing but confusion. He doesn't understand the project whatsoever, so the entire 15 minutes of working he has been looking over Saeun's shoulder as she worked. And she hates it.

"Okay," Hyunjin says compliantly, walking away from their desks as he stands in the middle of the classroom like a lost puppy.

Your head shoots up to look at Hyunjin, immediately detecting something going on. Jeongin was working diligently beside you, so you took the opportunity to go over to Hyunjin to see what the matter was.

Putting a hand gently on his back to get his attention, he turned his head to look down at you with slight surprise. When he saw that it was you, he quickly lost his tension and softened his expression with a smile and a small wave.

"What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be working on the project?" you asked quietly, removing your hand from his uniform jacket.

He quickly glanced at Saeun and looked back at you with a nod.

"Saeun told me to go, so I did. I don't understand it anyway," Hyunjin let out a sheepish laugh, worried for your reaction.

People have always been mean to Hyunjin ever since you've known him. It's how you met him. He was being shoved into a locker as you passed by, so you body checked his bully into his own locker. When you helped Hyunjin out, you two instantly clicked.

When you offered to tell the principal or a teacher about the situation, he shrugged it off and said it wasn't a big deal because he didn't want more trouble. But the following years continued with bullying and you standing up for him, making sure he didn't get so much as a scratch on him. You hated watching people walk all over him without him caring or even realizing it.

"You won't get a good grade, Hyunjin," you replied, furrowing your eyebrows together as you watched his face drop. He knew you were right.

Letting out an exaggerated sigh, you turned and walked over to Saeun who wasn't even doing the project anymore ever since Hyunjin walked away. She was texting her friend, gossiping about Hyunjin as you watched from behind her.

"Ahem," you cleared your throat, crossing your arms over your chest.

She turned around in her seat and quickly hid her phone on her lap once she recognized you. A fake smile appeared on her face, beaming up at you. You wanted to slap her so bad.

"Y/n, what are you doing here?" Saeun asked in a nicer tone than before, batting her eyes up at you.

Saeun's always been a suck-up. Especially around people who intimidate her. You, being on the top of that list. You almost love the way she gives in to your lectures and listens. However, it shouldn't take you to make her obey at such an independent age.

"I believe Hyunjin is supposed to be working with you, not being told to, and I quote, 'go away' isn't that right?" you asked her, a fake but matured smile spreading across your lips as you held your hands behind your back.

Her expression faltered once she heard the tone of your voice and shot a glance at Hyunjin who was standing next to you now.

Your stare burned holes in her skin as you gave Hyunjin a reassuring pat on the back, knowing that Saeun would listen to you. She let out a small groan and turned back around in her seat to face the computer.

"What was that?" you raised your eyebrows as Hyunjin sat down in his seat beside Saeun.

She whipped her head around with a hint of fear in her eyes from the sound of your voice. You heard her little annoyed sigh, and you so badly wanted to hit her ankles and shins with a scooter repeatedly.

But you can't.

"Just a tiresome sigh," she laughed lightly and nervously.

You ruffled Hyunjin's hair up gently, careful not to mess his whole look up, and went back over to the back of the classroom where Jeongin was still working.

It's a good thing people listen to you most of the time about messing with Hyunjin. You have some pretty good leverage since you're the class president.

Which also means you can easily fail any student you despise with ease. You've already got a handful of people who won't be passing.

A/n: I apologize for this not being as long as my others, but I've had some writers block for this imagine for a little while now.

But I felt the need to write this because I can't help but feel guilty when the boys are being attacked yet again by so-called 'fans'. (Like I said above so I don't write another rant paragraph)

None of these boys deserve the hate and rumors and everything being spread about them that are all falsely accused by "fans".