One Rainy Night •lee minho•

(*not proofread. There may be errors, I apologize*)

Genre: it's a little sad(?)...but it gets better :)

Word count: 1.9k

(Please know that this is purely fiction and that it is NOT REAL. Thank you:)

Synopsis: during practice, you were lacking a lot which meant that you had to redo most of your parts because you couldn't focus or do it right. And it was annoying the members a lot having to continue the same part over and over. Some of them were understanding while...some were not so understanding.

***

You bent over with your hands on your knees, shaking your head. You couldn't focus and it was angering the hell out of you. You knew why you couldn't focus, though.

Your mom called you out of the blue yesterday. She was threatening to get you kicked out of the company for treating her and your father wrong because of you ignoring them. It's not your fault that you didn't want to talk to your unloving parents, right? They had ignored you for so long, only seeing your older brothers as the golden siblings. You were forgotten. That is, until you debuted in a now very successful group.

So needless to say, you were unable to do anything right during practice. And everyone was affected by your demeanor and actions.

"Y/n, you need to step it up," you heard Minho say from the front in the lineup.

You were in the middle, practicing on the main chorus part in which was your specific line. But you kept messing up.

"Sorry," you said with no emotion, just standing up straight to get ready for your part. For the 3rd time.

Everyone else did the same as they waited for Minho to go play the song again. When it was your cue to begin dancing, everything started out fine. But there was one little part that you just couldn't perfect.

The formation broke apart as you let out a deep sigh. You were disappointed and angry with yourself for not doing anything right. It had already been hours worth of practicing this one dance, and everyone was over it. You couldn't go home unless this dance was perfected enough for it to be filmed and posted on YouTube.

Everyone let out a groan and either sat down on the floor, crouched, or put their hands on their knees.

"I just want to go home.." Jeongin sighed, leaning on the mirror on the side of the room.

"Sorry-"

"Sorry is all we've been hearing from you tonight, Y/n," Chan cut your words short, folding his arms over his chest.

You looked up at him with guilt, finding him looking completely exhausted and disappointed. Usually you would have the dance down by now, but none of them knew the reason why you couldn't focus. You didn't plan on telling them either.

"If you're really sorry, you'd be fixing your mistakes by now," Minho chimed in, getting up from the ground as he raised his voice slightly.

You glanced at Minho for a moment and looked back down at the ground. Everyone was now looking at the two of you. You could sense their exhaustion and disappointment.

"I'm sorry- I just can't focus," you said, avoiding eye contact. You felt their eyes all on you.

"No shit you can't focus. We've all been here for four hours straight trying to learn this dance when you can't even remember one of your parts!" Minho exclaimed, throwing his arm up in the air toward you.