A Compromise •seo changbin•

Genre: action, and perhaps a little comedy?

Word count: 1.7K

(Contains OT8 as well:)

Synopsis: after the country quickly turns into zombie central from one little yearly vaccine gone wrong, you lost everyone you know. Your family, your friends— everyone in your life. So you've been a loner, roaming around the country in your pick-up truck in search for shelter and food and gas. You thought you were the only one left in the country that wasn't a zombie.
(I should totally make a story off of this.)
(I'm going to. Let's see how that works out-)

***

Grabbing the hand gun off the passenger seat, you exited your truck fully aware of your surroundings in case a Lurker was nearby. Lurkers are what you call the inhuman creatures that took over your hometown and spread to your country and neighboring countries. Finally after many lives were lost, they shut down the boarders and built walls to prevent the Lurkers from going further. But this meant that you were stuck in the country with no way out.

You held the gun at your side, fully accessible to shoot at any moment, and entered the gas station with caution. These things typically go inside of a building, get stuck, then can't find a way out. So you had to be extra careful.

The 'welcome bell' went off, making you flinch at the sudden loud noise. If you were to be an easy target for Lurkers, that was definitely asking for it.

You silently cursed to yourself and let out a quiet and deep sigh, continuing to roam around the store. You walked down one of the aisles, spotting a load ton of candy on one of the shelves. Even if it wasn't real food or meals, it was better than starving. So you grabbed them and shoved them into your leather jacket, continuing your search for other items.

You turned a corner and spotted bags of snacks that would actually fill you up. Your mouth was watering just looking at it from afar. Without hesitation, you quickly began making your way down the aisle. That is, until you were slammed into the shelf next to you.

A hand wrapped around your neck, and you felt a blade right underneath your jaw. You were about to lift your gun up and shoot the Lurker, until you met eyes with a boy. God, he was shooting daggers at you with those eyes.

"Jeez, take me on a date first," you said, breaking the silence of the boy's face being inches away from yours.

His expression softened and his grip loosened. But that was for a mere second.

"You're not a Zombie?" the boy questioned, keeping his blade right against your skin.

"Yes, I'm a Lurker! One who had flesh and all of her teeth, and can talk just like a human!" you exclaimed with sarcasm, shooting him a glare as you spoke.

He rolled his eyes and let go of you, making you hold your throat where his hand was.

"Changbin," the boy spoke, sliding his blade into his pants pocket.

You looked at him suddenly. "What?"

"My name is Changbin," the boy introduced himself, looking back at you with guilt evident in his eyes.

"Oh, so now you're going to introduce yourself after stupidly mistaking me for being a flesh-eating, limp-walking Lurker?" you asked, still holding your gun behind your back in case he tried doing anything.