'My Moon' •lee minho•

Genre: angsty...heh heh 😈

Word count: 1.8k

*TW* (mentioning of suicide) if you are sensitive to the topic, please do not read. I don't mean to trigger anybody or make anyone upset. It is a very real (unfortunately), and sad topic. I've included this because I myself have experience something similar to this and it's a way for me to express my feelings.

***

Synopsis: you and Minho were practically soulmates. Everyone called you specifically, a girl version of him, and he was called a boy version of you. You were made for each other. You even met underneath the moonlight for the first time. That is, until you took your own life without realizing how badly you destroyed another.

Minho looked off into the distance, slowly losing focus on what he was really here for. He was completely zoned out, immersed in his endless, painful thoughts.

Of you.

He remembered that night. The night where you two met.

You sat underneath the blossom tree on a bench, reading your book in peace. The only two things that were giving you light were the few street lights and the moonlight above. It was a serene environment. You loved it.

It was the only time you managed to get a few minutes of peace and quiet from home. Before you left home, your mom was arguing with you about your grades in school and how you'll never be able to graduate with your rude attitude. So you had enough of it tonight and up and left, taking nothing but a book with you.

Flipping the page, your light source was suddenly blocked by a shadow. You lifted your head up to meet eyes with a rather good looking boy. You thought he was a little odd at first considering his silver hair and silence, but it grew on you fast.

"Who reads a book in a park alone at night?" the boy seemed to ask no one in particular, but he was looking right at you. He had a hint of sarcasm in his tone to let you know he wasn't just being rude.

You raised your eyebrows at him and straightened your back slowly.

"Who walks in a park alone at night poking around in strangers' personal lives?" you snapped back with an innocent smile.

It felt wrong to adore that smile of yours when you were insulting him back using his own words against him. But he fell in love with your smile at first sight.

"Touché.." Minho trailed off, glancing down at the book in your hands. "'The Moon.' You like that book, too?"

You looked back up at him in confusion. Although it was first glance and you knew nothing about him, he didn't seem like the type to read. But I guess you should never judge a book by its cover, right?

There seemed to be a hint of kindness behind his sarcasm. It intrigued you.

"Yes...you've read it?" you questioned him, shutting the book with the red bookmark in between the pages you've yet to read.

He nodded his head and leaned forward, "I don't want to spoil it, but the death of-"

"LALALALALA" you suddenly shouted, blocking your ears with your palms and the book still in your hands.