Jack Frost •lee felix•

Genre: fantasy

Word count: 1.8k

Synopsis: after a tragic incident while skating on a frozen over lake, you come face to face with your savior whom you thought was a myth made up by the children in your town. Jack Frost.

***

"Slow down Chan!!" you shouted at your brother, trying to keep up with his fast pace on the ice.

You and your brother, Chan, were racing back and forth on the giant lake close by your house. It was perfect for an ice rink and luckily for you, no one else in the neighborhood knew of it because it was hidden deep in the woods. You and Chan stumbled upon it a few years back when getting lost trying to find your campsite. It's been your hangout spot ever since.

Chan looked back over his shoulder with that bright smile across his face and his blonde hair flowing in the wind. He was loving the idea of him beating you at something for once.

"Come on, Y/n! You're supposed to be winning!" Chan shouted back, skating backwards with his hands in his pockets as he went along the perimeter of the lake.

You shot him a glare as you gained more speed, finding your new ice skates rather hard to break in. Once you caught up to him, he let out a laugh and bent forward as if he lost his balance.

"What?" you asked, circling back around in front of him.

He kept laughing but he finally stood up, almost falling backwards now. He took a deep inhale, trying to calm himself down and take control of his laughter.

"You looked so determined to win against me even though I already crossed the finish line," he wiped a tear from his eye as it absorbed into his glove.

You rolled your eyes and skated over to the other side of the lake. Chan threw his arms up in the air at you.

"Oh come on, it was funny!" he exclaimed, slapping his hands down at his sides as he watched you in the distance.

Just as you were about to reach the other side that was only ten feet away, you heard what no person on ice wants to hear. Deep, loud cracking. Chan heard it from afar and stopped in his tracks.

You slowly looked down at the ice beneath your skates, seeing the giant crack forming. In the blink of an eye, your body was submersed in the cold water. The freezing temperature stunned your body.

"Y/N!" Chan yelled, watching your body disappear into the lake below.

He was about to skate over to save you when the ice was breaking too close near him. He needed to get help, fast. Chan disappeared, running down the road as he threw his skates off to get more traction so he could get help.

You were desperately waving your arms through the water to reach the surface, but your body wouldn't move. You were sinking rapidly. You opened your eyes in the frigid, murky water, fighting them to stay open so you could see the hole in which you fell through.

But it was too late. Everything around you soon faded to black.

...

"Wake up!"

Your eyes shot open with a nasty cough, letting out all the water that managed to get into your body. You quickly sat up, finding yourself on the snowy shore by the lake. All of the ice that was once broken apart from your fall, was now sealed back over the lake. As if it never happened.