Bagel Boy •Lee Felix•

Genre: angsty, soft

Word count: 2.4K (oh yeah, this one's long. So enjoy!)

*

1 year ago...

"Are you kidding me right now? On Valentine's Day?" you asked your boyfriend whom was in a rush to pack his things from your bedroom.

"YEAH!" he suddenly snapped, throwing one of his books at the wall with a loud bang, making you flinch and step back.

How could he be acting like this after he cheated on you with your best friend?

"You told EVERYONE about Kailee and I!!" he yelled at you, stepping closer.

You shook your head at him, feeling the tears wanting to escape your eyes.

"I'm done with you," he grabbed his bag and swung it over his shoulder, storming out of the room with you following behind.

"I HAD GOOD REASON TO, JARED!" you shouted, slamming your bedroom door shut to grasp his attention.

He turned around to look at you with a red face. He was crying. The audacity this man has...

"YOU cheated on ME remember?! With my best friend!" you pushed the feeling of crying deep down in your chest as you shouted at the man you once thought you loved. You're not very good at expressing how you feel. You always end up crying somehow.

"Do you even hear yourself?" Jared asked, turning his body to face you as he scrunched his eyebrows together.

You made a confused facial expression at him.

"You did this. You did this to yourself. If you didn't act so jealous all of the time, maybe I would have ACTUALLY loved you," he spat out at you, swinging the door open as he stormed out of the house with his things.

You stood there in the hallway, completely speechless and heart broken as a tear fell down your cheek.

You and your boyfriend Jared had been in a serious relationship for two whole years. Hell, you even thought about getting married. But ever since you introduced him to your best friend Kailee, they had been all over each other.

You should've seen this one coming...

.
.

Present day...

"Pick up for Mia!" you exclaimed in an uninterested and lazy tone, placing a box full of Valentine's Day sweets onto the countertop for pick-up.

A girl came up to the counter with long, red hair that was curled into loose waves with a heart headband. She looked around your age, wearing a Valentine's Day themed outfit that consisted of a half shirt and a miniskirt.

Oh how it made you want to throw up.

The girl only took the box with a smug smile and left with three other friends who were laughing together, exchanging glances toward you as if they were gossiping. No matter how much you wanted to flip them off, you couldn't during work. You gave them a wave and watched them exit the bakery while laughing still.

Out of all the days during February, you had to work on the 14th. Valentine's Day.

There were couples coming in and out of the shop together, holding hands, kissing, the whole nine yards. You couldn't help but be in a bad mood all day. Who wouldn't be in a bad mood if you got cheated on exactly a year ago on Valentine's Day?

"Don't look so sad, Y/n," Jisung patted your shoulder as he passed behind you.

Ever since that day when you found out about Kailee and Jared, you didn't let yourself get close to anyone. You don't want to risk feeling that type of loss and hurt ever again. However, you do have a work friend. Jisung. Who has become more of a wingman than a friend.