By Your Side •hwang hyunjin•

Genre: a little angsty but soft nonetheless/action(?)

Word count: 1.6k

Synopsis: you and Hyunjin have been dating for a year now, and you've had to adjust to his lifestyle. Him being an assassin. A famous one at best. You both knew the risk you were taking when he asked you to be his. But you just wanted to be with him without even thinking once about how much danger you would be in if anyone found out about the two of you.

***

"No, Hyunjin's out at work still," you sighed, keeping your eyes fixated on the horror movie 'The Conjuring' on your tv screen.

"I could come over and give you some company if you'd like," Seungmin replied over the phone, his voice a bit muffled since he was shuffling around on the other end of the call.

You shook your head as if he could see you, and paused the movie. "It's okay. I'm going to go and make popcorn and finish my movie before he gets here,"

"You're watching a scary movie aren't you?"

"Well duh, it's Halloween. I can't not watch a scary movie on Halloween night," you said with a hint of sass in your voice as you stood up to flip your fan light on so you could see your surroundings to get to your kitchen.

"Touché. Plus, I'm pretty sure Hyunjin would get scared if he watched a horror movie with you," Seungmin added with a chuckle, earning one from you.

If only Seungmin knew.

"Alright, I've got to go. I'll talk to you later Seungmin," you said your goodbyes and hung up, placing your phone face down on the counter in your dimly lit kitchen.

You had to keep the vibe of spookiness throughout your apartment or else it wouldn't feel the same after returning back to your movie.

Alone.

You got out a bag of microwave popcorn and waited for it to be popped. Once it was ready, you returned back to your living room only to find it dark and the movie unpaused. You could've sworn that you turned the light on and paused the movie...

Walking around your sofa, you pulled the string from your fan to turn the light on. But it didn't work.

"What the hell," you cursed under your breath, placing the hot bag of popcorn down on the coffee table next to your leg as you stepped onto your couch to flip the switch on the fan.

That didn't work either.

You slowly stepped down off of your sofa as soon as you realized how quiet it was. Too quiet. Then out of the pitch black darkness, there was a beam of bright red that aimed your way. A red dot landed on your left chest straight over your heart. It was coming from the pantry in the kitchen.

You quickly ducked, allowing yourself to fall to the ground before the bullet went straight through your chest. But it wasn't long until you felt unbearable, shooting pains in your side that came and went in waves.

Before you knew it, there were thuds and sounds of people talking and shouting that seemed to be muffled. You let out a painful groan, rolling over onto your back so you weren't laying on your wound that was bleeding profusely. Your vision was getting blurry and your hearing became worse, but so did your breathing. You could just barely make out the figures in your dark hallway, coming in and out of your bedroom with bags full of your belongings.