Her Journey pt.1 •OT8•

Genre: it's a lil soft and angsty...

Word count: 1.1k

(Btw, I will make a part two to this because this is going to be a long oneee)

*
(Little background info)

Ever since you were a kid, you were always the last choice in your parents' eyes. You had two older brothers who were (and still are) very popular actors. Your parents wouldn't visit your school plays, your sports games, etc. The only thing they really cared about was your brothers' success.

You were completely invisible.

You truly loved your parents with all your heart, but you just didn't understand why they treated you badly. All you wanted to do was make them proud.

The day after you turned 15, you got admitted into JYP Entertainment without your parents knowing. This would be the perfect way of making your parents proud by surprise. You had always loved hip hop and harsh dancing, so you figured this should be easy. Right?

You were pretty good at singing, too, despite the lack of your professional experience. But your parents didn't know your passion of being an idol. Why would they if they ignore you?

But you didn't realize how hard this was going to be for you.

Eventually, after two years of being bounced around in different elimination shows to be evaluated for a debut group, you managed to get put into an official position in a boy group called Stray Kids. You were the last person to join, so some of them weren't expecting a ninth member. Especially a girl.

A few of them didn't really like that they had a girl in the group so they acted cold and rude to you during your practices. You couldn't lie that it made you feel sad, but not everything about being a K-pop idol is fun. And it made you quickly realize that there would be a lot more hardships in the near future.

But despite the lack of friendships, you had no clue just how close you would get to these eight boys.

***

"How are we feeling out there tonight?!" Chan shouted into his microphone for all of the fans in the arena to hear.

Thousands of fans screamed and yelled back at all nine of you on the stage with blended responses. You were still in awe over how many fans you had just in this one place alone. Imagine globally.

"Good, good!" Chan replied with a thumbs and a dimpled smile. "Now, since today marks five years since our debut..."

Chan leaned forward from the end of the line, scanning all of you to choose his target.

"Y/n would like to share a few things, right?" Chan grinned your way, making your heart beat fast in your chest from anxiousness. You couldn't just say no to your leader.

"Ah...is this because I pulled your shirt up during Charmer?" you let out a sigh, already knowing that it was his revenge.

Chan and a few others let out a couple of chuckles. Which meant 'yes.' How nice of Chan!

"Where do I begin..." your voice trailed off, standing in the middle between Hyunjin and Jisung in the line on stage.

In the midst of fans cheering you on, you finally found the words you wanted to say.

"Three years is a long time, right Stay?" you asked them, trying to stall your sad speech you were about to say.

They all shouted back with blended 'yes's', making you laugh a little bit.

"Stop stalling!" Seungmin exclaimed into his microphone jokingly, making the others laugh including you.

You felt yourself already getting choked up at just the remembrance of your first day as a trainee, knowing nobody in Seoul at all. You were completely lonely. Not even your parents would try to comfort you.

"Some of you may not know this but...I didn't have a very caring family growing up," you spoke into the microphone, feeling your grip around the handle tighten as you swallowed hard with a nod.

All eyes were on you now. No pressure, right?

"So needless to say, I never told my parents that I got into JYP at only 15. I so badly wanted it to be a surprise to them when they saw me on the big screen as a K-pop idol," you cleared your throat, feeling that familiar lump form in your throat already. You weren't even at the best part yet.

All of the boys listened closely, nodding their heads. Chan knew where this was going.

"I just wanted my parents to finally be proud of me," you swallowed hard, nodding your head as you glanced down at the stage, fighting that urge to start crying.

"But now I have all of you, and that's all I could ask for."

Tons of fans began "aweing" after seeing your serious state. You're normally the mood maker along with Jisung, so you rarely show your serious side. You're always laughing or smiling, making the others laugh, etc. But not now.

You felt a soft pat on your shoulder from Hyunjin, trying to comfort you but in reality it made the emotions worse. But you managed to hide your sadness.

"The first few months with these boys were pretty rough. I constantly fought with a few of the members because I was stubborn during practices," you let out a soft laugh, making the others laugh as well which made you feel a lot better.

"But it didn't take long to develop unique friendships with each of these amazing boys," you smiled at all of them, feeling tears forming in your eyes quickly.

All of the boys were getting choked up with you, too. Mainly Chan because he was the only one that you were open with first. He's a true father figure even if he's only a couple years older.

"And they aren't just my friends..." your voice trailed off again. You were finding it incredibly hard to get that important word off of your chest.

You lifted your head up and inhaled deeply, looking around for a moment.

"Don't cry!" Changbin exclaimed into his microphone with a cute voice in hopes of making you laugh. But it didn't work.

"They're my family," your voice broke as you spoke, a tear falling down your face.

Fans began either 'aweing' or screaming. You couldn't tell if it was sad for them or happiness. You took in another shaky inhale, feeling your emotions unravel quickly. All of the others were even getting teary-eyed as they continued listening to you.

You've always never been able to express your feelings.

You always end up crying.

A/n: heh heh...sorry about this sad imagine. This truly hits home for me and I'm sure for a lot of other people as well.

Stray Kids truly saved me and taught me a lot of things despite only stanning them for a small amount of time.

(Part two being written as you read this!)