Pucked Up •OT8•

*please know that these are not the real life idols. These are fictional characters and this is not real. Please remember this*

(My NCT U boys are in this imagine btw ;)

Genre: hockey AU

Word count: 1k

Synopsis: one girl, eight boys. One team. During a very important game that determines whether you go into the playoffs, things got a little...crazy.

***

You just scored the first goal of the night against the NCT U's. One of the best hockey teams out there. All of the pressure was slowly getting to you because this was the game that you had to win in order to get into the playoffs.

It was weird being the only girl in an all boys hockey team at first. They all doubted your skills on the ice just because you were a girl. That is, until you scored the most goals three years in a row and basically gained more popularity than ever before. You are easily one of the most— if not the most— talented and loved player on your team. Not only by fans, but by your teammates as well.

A few of the players were talking trash but you kept quiet. It was like a routine with you and other teams you're playing against. It's normal. However, you're not entirely sure if they know you're a girl considering you barely talk on the ice. Except for the times when you're discussing a game plan with Chan or Minho, the two defensemen.

"Y/n, Bang, Minho, and Hwang get out there," your coach announced, tapping your shoulder.

You didn't hesitate to hop out onto that ice. The adrenaline was kicking in now.

Nothing too special happened for the first few minutes. The puck was tossed around back and forth between different players, but no shot was made.

Then the puck was shot across the ice onto the opposing team's side. It was gliding across the wall, giving you a chance to get it and make a shot. You quickly shifted your weight from one foot to the other, going so fast that you could hear the whistling from your helmet over the fans cheering in the audience seats.

However, when you thought you were in the clear to stop and look around while getting the puck out into a better area, you were rammed and squished harshly into the glass with a loud, echoed thud.

You fell down on the ice, feeling nothing but pain everywhere on your body. Especially your head from it hitting the glass and ice so hard.

While being curled up in a ball at the corner of the rink, Chan rushed over on the ice and slammed the guy who rammed you into the glass straight onto the ground. Haechan, number 66.

People in the stands were going crazy, banging on the glass, screaming, cheering for Chan to win the fight. But you were hurting bad.

Your trainer and a doctor ran over to your aid on the ice with the help of two teammates on the opposing team. Ten and Sungchan.

Minho rapidly skated over to Chan's aid, helping out with the fight since he was getting a disadvantage. Then one after another, every single teammate hopped onto the ice to fight someone. However, some of them skated over to your side. From both teams.

You laid on your back, staring up at the familiar but blurry faces above you. You could see two worried players looking down at you, but their jerseys were blue and orange. Not yours which is green, black, and white.

Where was your team?

"YOU FUCKING PIECE OF SHIT!" Chan yelled, pushing number 66, Haechan, up against the glass with his elbow over his collarbone just below his neck.

"Let go of me!" Haechan shouted back, trying to pry Chan's strong hands off of his jersey.

Chan didn't let go. His grip got tighter. That is, until a ref came along and had to pull the two apart with the help of Han and Yangyang.

"Hey, can you hear me?" your trainer asked.

You slightly nodded, afraid to make any sudden movements with your head. But you were in a complete daze. For a minute, you didn't know where you were.

"How many fingers am I holding up?" your trainer asked, holding up three fingers that were now in focus.

"Three," you answered quietly, blinking slowly as the ringing in your ears faded out.

You heard ice slice underneath a few pairs of skates off to your left. You looked up and saw your teammates surrounding you, along with Ten and Sungchan.

"Can you get up yourself?" your trainer asked as you began sitting up with his hand behind your back in case something happened.

Without answering, you got up to your feet and grabbed your stick, earning cheers and loud screams from fans all around the arena. Bringing your hand up to adjust your helmet, you realized it wasn't on your head. That explains why it's throbbing so much. It must have flown off after or on impact.

"Number 11, Chan Bang has a penalty of five minutes for fighting. Number 66, Haechan Lee has a penalty of five minutes for roughing and fighting. Number 78, Minho Lee, has a penalty of two minutes for roughing."

While waiting for your head to feel somewhat right again, you spotted Chan and Minho looking over your way as they headed off to the penalty box side by side. They gave you a slight nod and raised their sticks in the air your way.

Then you spotted Haechan, the one who shoved you up against the glass. There was blood trickling down his nose and a cut on his lip.

Oh, if you were able to play later after getting checked for a concussion, you would DESTROY him even more.

And so would your team.

You are so lucky to have teammates like yours. They don't even care if they get penalties. As long as you're okay, they're fine with it.

A/n: this may or may not be inspired by NCT U's '90's Love' music video...

P.s., I apologize if there's a few parts that don't make sense. I was kind of going back and forth between changing the other hockey team to Ateez. Anyway-