Blind •Lee Minho•

*not proofread*

Genre: a little sad, perhaps soft at some point

Word count: 1.8k

Synopsis: a girl thinks it's impossible to be loved by anyone gets a hit of reality when her best friend tries to confess his love for her. But she's too blind to realize that it isn't a joke.

"It's difficult for me to imagine someone being in love with me"
***

You shook your head no.

"What? Nobody asked you to prom yet?" Seoha intervened your conversation with a grin pulling one side of her mouth up.

Both you and Minho turned your heads to the side, looking at that one and only obnoxious voice the two of you hate with a passion. Kim Seoha. You always joked about her scary resemblance to the grinch whenever she smiled or grinned in a mischievous way.

Minho opened his mouth to retort something back, but your voice cut him off.

"I don't recall ever speaking to you," you furrowed your brows as if you were surprised to hear her voice when in reality, it's a daily thing.

Seoha shifted in her seat and looked at Minho, puffing her bottom lip out.

"You're going to let her speak to me like that, Minho?" Seoha pouted, putting her hands under the cafeteria table to rest on her lap with crossed fingers.

Minho and you sat there, blinking at her in silence. It was a trick he had taught you. Supposedly, it makes the person who is either annoying you or being rude to you think twice about what they're doing. It makes them insecure and feel little about themselves.

In the blink of an eye, Seoha's "victim" act suddenly dropped. She clenched her jaw and stood up from the seat beside to Minho in a rush. Boy, did she look angry.

"No wonder why no one has ever asked you out," she spat your way, turning on her heel to exit the cafeteria.

You turned back to your lunch tray and stared at it.

"It's always something entertaining with Seoha," Minho joked, silently hoping you would let out a laugh. But you didn't.

This week of all weeks was easily the worst one. Everyone around you was being asked to prom left and right. Even Minho was asked three times in one day. But not you. You weren't even asked once.

Minho looked across the table at you, visibly worried. He knew you hadn't been eating lately.

"Come on, eat up," he gestured with chopsticks in  his hand.

You sat in your seat, feeling your mind begin to race more than you wanted it to. If only you had an off button for your brain— it would save you a lot of breakdowns. Minho gave your foot a tap with his, noticing your eyes slightly wide from zoning into your thoughts. Your head shot up at him, instantly snapping back into reality.

"Eat up," he repeated, his eyes flickering down to the rice on your tray before finding your eyes again.

"I'm not hungry," you shook your head, sliding the tray over to him.

You wished Seoha's words wouldn't get to you like that. You knew she just wanted to get under your skin. But with your overthinking, you're like an open door for her. It was easy to crush you like a bug.