Just Friends? •Yang Jeongin•

Genre: soft? A lil sad maybe?

Word count: 2.0k

*

The first time you met Jeongin was in 8th grade, 4 years ago. He was known to be popular because of his friends, but he was always quiet in classes when he didn't know anybody else. He always kept to himself.

Until he met you.

You were just like him. Introverted and quiet. You didn't know anybody else that year since you had just moved from another town. But he noticed. He noticed that you didn't have any friends, and something clicked in him to introduce himself to you. He never did that with any other new students despite there being many that year.

You became best friends with him and even grew other friendships with his two older friends, Jisung and Hyunjin, who were well known and pretty popular. Except, Jeongin got a little jealous over how close you got with his two friends. But he didn't care to show it.

You even developed unknown feelings for Jeongin. You kept finding yourself glancing in his direction when he wasn't looking, admiring his natural beauty. He truly was handsome. But you can't tell him how you feel.

It would ruin everything.

.
.

You sat in the library with your headphones in listening to music while trying to finish up your homework from math class. It didn't make any sense to you.

You let out a sigh and held your head up with your hand, slowly leaning closer and closer to your worksheet. Suddenly, an earbud was ripped from your ear making you jump up with surprise.

"Don't do that, Jisung!" you whisper yelled, hitting his arm for scaring you.

"Ow!" Jisung held his arm in pain while he sat down in the seat across the table from you.

You shook your head and looked back down at your paper, trying to refocus on your work. But Jisung didn't care to leave you in peace.

"What're you working on?" Jisung questioned, sitting up tall as he leaned over your worksheet, reading the problems upside down.

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?" your head shot up to look at the older boy whose eyes widened.

"Just trying to help," Jisung put his hands up in the air, slowly sitting back down to avoid getting hit again.

You've had a short temper lately. It was mainly because of Jeongin. It's your junior year and you still haven't addressed your feelings for him. You thought it was just a crush that would last only a couple of weeks, but it's lasted 3 years. And he still has no clue.

"So..." Jisung began speaking again after a few moments of silence, noticing your struggle.

You clenched your jaw shut, hearing the door to the library shut.

"When are you going to tell Jeongin?" Jisung questioned, interlocking his fingers together on the tabletop.

"About what?" you asked, your eyes glued to your paper as you continued writing down an equation.