6. Long Time

Pounding is a constant in my head

Pounding is a constant in my head. Between the never ending chatter from my wolf, Ruken, and then the nonsense with pestering she-wolfs.

I am a thirty-two year old mateless Alpha and it seems to be some calling beaken to the unmated she-wolves just looking to be my Luna to get the power that comes with it. At this stage in my life, I don't give a care in the world for these unmated she-wolves because I know I have a mate out there somewhere.

During travels a few years back to other packs, I came across the most amazing smell ever but could not find my mate as she was on the move I guess. A floral peach is the best way to describe the scent with the fast smell we got.

Since then, Ruken has been non-stop about wanting to just go search for the scent of his mate. Claiming to not let his mate get away from him again.

Even before catching a scent of my mate, I was not one to sleep around. I have had that experince but I will be honest the girls screaming and over the top actions or vocals had me to where I couldn't even finish in the condom. That was well before even becoming Alpha and a late teenager myself. So it is just my hand that does the trick.

Being Alpha has been my life for thirteen years. Normally, the Alpha position is handed down once we find our mates to where there is a balance that will stay in place. I didn't get the opportunity to travel for the normal amount of time allowed to find my mate after high school because at nineteen years old my parents were killed by vampires.

They were out for a midnight run together and got ambushed by the borderline. Back when my parents were the Alpha and Luna, we didn't have a tight patrol on our lines. It was one of the first things I put in place after the Alpha ceremony I went through.

"Need anything Zane? I am about to run out for night patrol." Conan, my Beta and friend, calls from my office door.

"No. Just keep an eye out tonight." I nod.

"Don't I always Alpha?" Conan gives the playful smirk that I know all to well having grown up with him my entire life.

I chuckle lightly and shake my head.

You would have thought that when Conan found his mate he would settle down more. How wrong I was because even after him finding Jasel, Conan is just as michief as before. Not to mention, he is passing down his playful behavior to their child, Chester. Poor Jasel has her hands full with both of them and only one is supposed to be four, but Conan can get right down there with him when not in Beta mode.

I work on paperwork after pushing Ruken to the back of my mind. He is restlessly begging to be let out for a run and he just went this morning. Right now I have to focus on this work to where the pack stays in good balance. It is hard to balance and not have their Luna by my side.

At times you can see the small struggle with how the schools may function or members just needing that soft gentle touch.

A knock comes from the door before it opens to Calin, one of the many out to try and get in my pants.

"You're in here late." Her nasaly voice pierces my ears.

"What do you want Calin?" I let command seep out behind my words.

She tries to walk sexy, as her hips overly sway side to side. Makes it look more like she is trying to throw a hip out of socket.

"I just want to take you to bed."

"Not happening. You stay away from my room. Period." I seethe.

"But Zane."

"Stop right there. It is Alpha to you. You are not my mate and I will not have you disrespecting your Luna."

"She isn't here though. Alpha." Calin spits my title out with venom. "Most of the pack even wonders if they will have one and everyone knows I am a good fit being the strongest she-wolf."

"I have a mate out there and it is not you. You will never be my Luna. Not only are you the pack slut but your also the most hated within the pack. The temperment you have is not Luna material. So, IF it ever came to me choosing a Luna, which I will never do, it will NEVER be you."

Calin's face turns red and before she can say a word further, I stand from my desk.

"Get OUT of my office now. You will not come here unless it is an emergency but you better be dying for that to even bring you here. Is this clear?" I command and Ruken pushing out making it stronger.

"Crystal." Calin spits, baring her neck in submission before running out.

I sit back down and rub my hands down my face. When will these desperate she-wolves get the point that I am not interested? All their failed attempts just make them look pathetic. If it would be possible and not just cruel I would banish them from the pack because the headache is not worth it.

Zane there is a scent off to the side line. Conan mindlinks me.

What is it? I link back with the edge to his voice.

Vampire. It is not very strong but it is there. Which means there is just the one. I got eyes on the creature now and it looks to be burying something. Conan replies back.

Just chain it up in the cells. We will get to it tomorrow after letting it weaken overnight before the questioning begins for the blood sucker. I tell him before cutting the link.

Anger boils through me but Ruken is surprisingly silent now. It is probably because he remembers the night we were woke up to find out our parents are deceased.

This is the first vampire we have had come near in such a long time because after my parents were killed we went after the ones responsible.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Thoughts on Zane?

How will this go now and will he see the vampire himself?