27. By Coming Here

Walking into the kitchen, laughter fills my ears and not just from the adults but little Chester's

Walking into the kitchen, laughter fills my ears and not just from the adults but little Chester's. In the corner, Blaze is making little light balls and Chester is popping them out but that is only because Blaze is snapping them out to make it look like Chester is.

How can such a kind hearted guy think he could turn to dark magic? I know in questioning him about it after we all played around like little kids overselves, he had said it is like a drug. Once a witch gets a taste for it the dark magic seems to consume them and most of the old spells have been destroyed, which is good.

"Hey! Did you enjoy the visit to the schools?" Jasel chirps, smiling over to me.

"I sure did. I even went to the daycare so not to leave the smallest of pups out." I laugh and fight rubbing my head again.

Jasel rolls out the dough she is making for rolls. The other ladies are tending to the meat in the oven and other side dishes.

"What is the menu for tonight?" I ask, thrilled by the smells.

"Blaze's favorite. Roast beef, mashed potatoes, vegetables, gravy, and rolls." Jasel smirks.

"I told you also there was no need in making it for me. Anything would have been delicious." Blaze says looking over to us.

"You could get any meal you want and taste it all if you stayed in the pack." Jasel chides and goes back to the dough.

Blaze sighs and scoops Chester up in his arms, walking over to the counter. Chester holds his arms out for me and I pick him up to sit him in the chair next to me, while I stand.

"After I get the items needed from me hunting them down, I will stay." Blaze rests his hands on the counter top.

"Really? You will stay here and stop living the mountain man lifestyle." I look at him with an open mouth.

"Yeah, I mean my family is here. My nephew." Blaze tickles Chester lightly. "My brother-in-law and then my two sisters. You guys are living an amazing life here and I know you are still adapting to it, Keava, but your doing amazing. There is nothing for me in the mountains. By coming here for the ceremony, I see that and know that with us all together then I don't have to fear turning to the dark magic, as our gracious Luna as said."

Jasel drops the dough and screams, pulling Blaze into a tight hug. Her flour covered hands turning his shirt white, making me stiffle a laugh.

Once Jasel pulls back she washes her hands again and gets to pulling the dough into the roll shapes for baking.

"About those desserts we can go over it all while things cook?" I offer.

"Yes!" Chorus from everyone in here and Jasel pulls out a pad and pen fron the drawer in front of her.

"So we got the pie from yesterday wrote down. What is next?" Jasel looks around.

"Something with chocolate." One pipes up.